Chapter 24

PLEASE READ 

1 - I had to make a change to the last chapter where Lincoln said he was going to see a witch, which I planned to be Kat. But it just didn't line up with the timeline at all, so sadly I had to change it.

Sorryyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! I wanted to write about her too. 

It'll be an Amorenia witch just not Kat but hopefully, you guys don't hate the change too much.

2 - This book is set quite a few years before Alpha Mates, so that's why things are modern and yet still ahead of events that were shown in Linked before it was taken down. 

For now, try to read the book like if you didn't read Linked if you did because it'll just keep confusing you until the reason is revealed. Hope that clears some things up, for now.

Enjoy the chapter and I'm sorry again!!!!!!!!!!

------------

Lincoln's P.O.V

"I spy with my demon eyes something white," Wequie starts suddenly making Malcolm make an overly eager sound while my eyes find themselves rolling.

"A cloud," Malcolm guesses quickly.

"No," Wequie shoots back just as fast.

"Uhhh a flower!" Malcolm tries even though there were no flowers in sight.

"No," Wequie replies with an excited chuckle.

"A white flower!" Malcolm tries again making Wequie snort.

"No you fucking idiot!" 

"Oh, I know!" Malcolm all but screams, as I look over my shoulder I find him smiling widely while he pointed a finger at me. "Lincoln!"

"Ding! Ding! Ding!" Wequie cheers and the two celebrate while making amused jabs about how pale I was. 

"I rather be eternally pale than eternally ashy," I say to Malcolm whose laughter immediately dies out while Wequie's doubles so he shoots a hand up to cover his mouth. 

"That was rude," He says from behind his palm, acting as the perfect instigator as always. "Personally... I wouldn't let him get away with that, but it's up to you Malcolm."

"I am not ashy," Malcolm replies ignoring the clearly entertained incubus beside him. "I cream every day and every night, this skin is healthy and beautiful." He says while running a hand down his arm that, in all truth, kind of glowed under the midday sun.

But there was no way I was telling Malcolm that.

"Sure," I say as I turn back and continue walking through the vegetation. "I'm sure Kalem was mistaken when he said that the elf found your skin to be quite... dry."

"Damnnnnnnn," Wequie stretches through his laughter. "He is going for the jugular today!"

"Aias did not say that!" Malcolm shoots back defensively.

"As I said, I'm sure Kalem was mistaken," I reply with a smile knowing I already won this little game.

Kalem had said no such thing and as much as I hated bringing my angel into such lies, it would make Malcolm quiet for some time as he pondered how much truth there was to my statement. It also tasked the egotistical elf with the task of dealing with an insecure and sad Malcolm when we returned, which was more of a chore than cleaning itself. 

I truly was brilliant. 

We continue our journey towards the destined coven in silence, weaving our way through the thick woodlands that made me scowl with aggregation.