Chapter 35

The picture up what I imagine the castle to look like underground. Though in my head, it's muchhhhhhh bigger and there's more light. I have a few other pictures on my Master Pinterest Board, link in bio.

------------

Lincoln's P.O.V

"Okay Master, close your eyes!" Kalem says from the bathroom, his excitement making his words rushed.

"They're closed," I reply with a growing smile.

"You have to close them super tight," Kalem demands making me chuckle with amusement.

There wasn't a thing Kalem could do that wouldn't succeed in enamouring me completely.

"They are closed super tight, I promise love," I raise my hands to cover my eyes for good measure so that Kalem wouldn't doubt me once he came out.

"Alright," Kalem says, his voice coming from directly in front of me now. He was getting really good at popping about now, time rarely stopped unless he willed it to.

Aias had explained to us that Kalem's powers, or rather, his magic, would be at it's strongest when he was at his highest or lowest.

His angel side fed off of his happier emotions; excitement, joy, peace, contentment and comfort.
While his demon side would feed off of the darker emotions; anger, sadness, fear, disappointment, pain.

Kalem had been nothing but smiles since we returned from the pixie festival, and though I couldn't say I felt the same about all that happened on that particular night, I was happy that he was still riding the high of it.

"You can only open your eyes on the count of three," Kalem instructs seriously so I nod. "Okay. Oneeeee. Twooooo. Threeeeeee. Open! Open! Open!"

Pulling my hands away, I open my eyes with a large smile already stretching across my lips before I find Kalem twisting from side-to-side in his little outfit.

It wasn't the same servant's attire he'd been so in love with in his earliest days with me, he'd gotten rid of that one a few weeks ago. He'd said that even though he loved the outfit very much, it was something he thought were meant for slaves when he'd worn it before. And now he didn't feel right wearing it when he knew that that wasn't what he was, or what he even wanted to be.

But even as it'd been a good decision to make on his part, he'd been a little pouty since he threw it out and Malcolm had sought to resolve the problem on his own accord. He'd gotten this new getup for Kalem as a gift that was similar in some aspects, but much more... Kalem.

The main colour scheme was still black and white, with tight, black slacks and soft fitting dress shoes that were black as well. His shirt was a white overhead top, with a low-hanging v-neck and short sleeves. The top resembled the elf's clothing with its looseness that suited Kalem beautifully, as all things tended to.

The 'Kalem' parts of the little outfit were the little highlights of yellow that popped out subtly enough.

The handkerchief that Kalem had tucked in his back pocket was a soft yellow, the bottom outline of his shirt was yellow and the little bow he'd clipped into his hair was yellow as well. I was sure there was also a jacket to add to this ensemble but Kalem had opted not to wear it now for this showcasing.

Even so, the outfit was like a combination of every form of Kalem there was, all wrapped up into one enamouring bundle.

"Master, say something!" Kalem whines as he twists in front of me. Doing a twirl and then another to give me the full picture. At my dropped gaze, Kalem giggles while still bouncing around on his toes. "Tell me how good I look."