Chapter 36

Kalem's P.O.V

I try to keep my legs from kicking out from me underneath the big, long table, but it was hard to keep them still when I was so excited. All that excitement had to come out somehow. 

I was never good at keeping my happy feelings inside, I was too small to, and right now, I was super happy because we were having our first dinner with our clan. 

Clan! Every time I used the special word I wanted to scream! 

Master said a clan was like a family, full of people we could rely on and trust. He said we had to work to build those 'strong bonds', but once we did, they'd be our family. So even though it would take some time, I was just excited that we had a family now and that it was full of so many nice people!

"You're going to fall out of your chair if you keep that up love," Master says into my ear making me jump in surprise.

I turn to face him with warming cheeks, "no," I deny, which was a lie but Master didn't need to know that, "I'll fall out if you sneak up on me again," I say as I grip both sides of my chair for protection against Master's super sneaky attacks.

Master chuckles, his smile making my heart beat extra fast as he looks down at me. My heart always had to work harder to keep me alive when Master was close, but when he gave me those special smiles just for me, it really had a hard time.

Sometimes Lincoln looked at me in ways that made me squirm all over, it was like my body couldn't take all his good love and all I wanted to do was climb into his lap and stay there forever.
If we weren't in the big dining room with all the other important vampires, I would've done it but I didn't think now was the right time to get too touchy with Master.

Since everyone had arrived earlier today, I'd been helping as much as I could to make sure that they all felt comfortable and happy with us. Time had passed so quickly when I was meeting so many nice vampires, and now it was somehow dinner time.

It was the first meal we were having altogether in the big, fancy room I sometimes cleaned in secret. Master said it was the first of many meals we'd share because it was important to spend time with everyone and build 'strong ties'.

I didn't know what that last bit meant, but I understood that eating together meant I could make friends, which was perfect because I wanted to be friends with everyone!

I'd made sure to say hi to every single vampire that came into the castle so that they knew that we wanted them to be here. I didn't want a single one of them to feel left out. It could be scary going to a new place, I knew I was really scared when Master first saved me, and I didn't want them to feel like I did then.

It had all gone really well since everyone was friendly and sweet so far. They said hi back and some of them were just as bouncy as I was to see all they could of the castle. I promised to give a tour to anyone who wanted it, and when so many told me they did, it was super hard to stop myself from popping with my joy.

But I couldn't pop. Aias said that it was important that nobody knew that I was an elf or that I was a Nyphilim, even our new clanmates couldn't know. So I had to make sure I didn't pop around until I learned how to control everything better.

That was okay though because I had my first training session with Aias tomorrow morning, and the faster I learned to control my elven side, then the happier everyone would be. They all worried and that made me sad sometimes, I felt guilty to make Master and Aias worry.

I'd be good and get super strong so they'd never have to worry about me too much... a little worry was okay though.

"Master," I call once I double-check my plate to make sure I ate everything, "I'm done, can I go make friends?"