Chapter 12

Kalem's P.O.V

I pull the fluffy blanket tighter around myself as I peak up at Master from over my knees.

Master was angry.

He was frowning deeply, which made him look like the trainers did before they punished me. But Master said he wasn't going to punish me, yet his face still looked mean, but my Master wasn't mean, he was sweet. 

Master had been like this ever since 'the heat' ended, which was two days ago.

Just thinking about that day I spent clinging onto Master made me feel sick inside. It was the worst day ever because not only did I make Master upset, but I made him suffer too. 

That was the worst part, knowing that Master was in pain too.

I wish I never made that deal with Mr.W and that I could tell old Kalem to not make such a big mistake. If I was a better slave who listened to their Master instead of giving him so much trouble things would be okay now and Master wouldn't be angry.

But things weren't okay.

I open my mouth to say sorry but bite it back just in time, Master told me to stop saying it and he seemed to only get madder when I said it anyway. I thought if I said it more he'd see that I really really meant it, but I think it just made things worse.

"M-Master," I call, making him look away from the food he was glaring at and towards me. 

His pretty, dark eyes soften a little bit, not looking so mean as they relaxed slightly and he gave me all his attention.

"Yes, Kalem." He says as one of his eyebrows raise, making me realize I was staring for a little bit.

"A-Are you s-still mad a-at me?" I ask with my eyes rushing down to my toes, they curl as silence falls and Master doesn't say anything else. "I-I'll take a-any punishment o-or do a-anything you want me to if it will m-make you happy a-again."

"I'm not angry with you Kalem," Master says as he pours the food from the hot plate to another. "And there's nothing you have to do besides regaining your strength."

I watch as Master comes to me with the plate full of yellow eggs and bread. I ate eggs the most because it was what my body liked and Master cooked it in different ways that tasted super nice. 

Master was still trying to get me to eat more often and to try new things, but mush was still my favorite. Master gave it to me sometimes if I begged hard enough, but if not it was eggs, bread or fruits. He said he'd add more soon, I wasn't looking forward to that day at all.

As Master puts the plate down, I slide my legs down and get closer to the table while he gets a small bowl of apple slices that he put next to the plate with a glass of water. 

"Thank you, Master," I say glancing up at him. 

It felt wrong not doing this for Master and to sit here while he served me, a slave should never be treated like this but Master insisted on it. Master said it made him happy to do so, it was my purpose as his slave to make him happy so I tried not to fight it too much even though it bothered me.

I just wanted to spoil Master the way he always spoiled me.

Master looks over the food, making sure everything was there, before finally sitting down into the chair next to me. I immediately shift to face him, wishing I could be even closer to him or in his lap.

Master runs a hand through my hair to push the hair away before leaning forward and kissing my forehead, I close my eyes and smile as the warm feeling of Master's lips on my skin ripples through my body making me feel like the luckiest slave in the world.