Chapter 54

DOUBLE UPDATE!!!!!

1 CONTROL CHAPTER AND 1 MASTER CHAPTER SINCE I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

ENJOY!!!!!

---------

a/n - wrote the chapter to all the depressing songs in the Master playlist.

---------

Kalem's P.O.V

Everything hurt. Everything.

Everything that made me Kalem hurt, even that little secret place where my soul was supposed to be. It hurt like nothing I'd ever felt before.

But it felt familiar, the pain, which was strange because I didn't think I could ever forget pain like this if it were.

It wasn't like the whips or the boots when they dug into my sides, and it was nothing like that horrible ache I got in my chest whenever I thought of my Master.

This pain was different; it was like something you couldn't pinpoint because it was coming from all over and nowhere at the same time.

This pain was different because it took everything away.

It didn't let me see; every time I tried to open my eyes, the skin there threatened to tear, and my cheeks grew wetter. I tried to move, but that was even worse; it made my muscles stretch and burst as fresh agony sprouted inside of me, dazing me for so long that I could barely remember how to breathe.

I never knew it could hurt this much– to do pop or lose a friend, but I was quickly learning that this white-hot nightmare was the worst thing in the world.

...I didn't want to do this anymore.

I didn't want to keep trying to be stronger than I was, to keep trying to face a world that was full of scary monsters and even scarier men.

I couldn't do it; I knew that now. I wasn't the strong boy I thought I was. I was weak and only trouble, and I... I-I just wanted to go home.

If I could take it all back, I would.

I would stay in the castle and be quiet because at least I was only lonely there, and being lonely never ever hurt like this. Even when it felt like it was the worst thing in the world, I knew now that it wasn't. I was sad, but I was also happy.

I just wanted to be happy again...

________________________

I'm not sure how much time passes while my mind tries to mend the shredded parts of itself.

But once it does, things slowly start working again, starting with my senses that come back one by one, slowly filtering in the things around me instead of just the pain.

Touch comes first. The rush of sensations against my fingertips makes hope flare inside of me when I realize that I'm gripping onto something, clutching long slick strands that were a little wet and all around me - grass.

A sharp ringing in my ears come next, causing me to wince as I reach up to block them. I go still when I find them wet before I smell that metal scent in the air that usually means blood.

I knew I should've been more worried about bleeding since that was never good unless it was for Master, but when I take in the winds pushing against me, I forget all about it.

They were stronger than I knew winds could be, so fast and powerful that I thought they might knock me over. But they don't; they only make the bumpies form all over my skin as I take in the cold, the grass, my bleeding ears and finally, my surroundings when my eyes open.