Chapter 2

Picture of Kalem

-----

Kalem's P.O.V

Stop shaking Kalem, you know how angry the trainers get when you shake.

I tighten the jacket my new Master wrapped around me and curl further into myself. It was wrong to cover your body in such a manner from your Master, I knew that - it was one of the rules. But my Master was the one who covered me, and the most important thing is to listen to your Master, but I was also breaking the rules.

It confused me.

I chew on my lip before immediately letting it go, curling even tighter in myself awaiting the punishing whip lashes which never come. I slowly unravel enough for me to look around the weird place my new Master placed me in. It was dark inside and sift where I sat, it wasn't cold like the floor I knew.

I risk a glimpse out the clear windows of the machine to look at my new Master who was standing still next to another Master who was yelling, both facing Aias who was still in his cage. He still had his collar on and he was growling at them, I wanted to tell him to stop so he wouldn't be punished but I knew he wouldn't listen.

I brush my fingers against the skin which was now empty, whimpering slightly at the loss of my collar as tears full my eyes. Only horrible slaves were uncollared, my new MAster uncollared me within the first moment he met me. I didn't know what I did to upset him so much, so I didn't know how to fix it.

I'm a bad slave.

"Ow!" The second Master yells, jumping away from the cage where Aias' had reached out and pulled him from his hair. I wince slightly, waiting for them to hurt Aias, but they don't. "Lincoln!" The man complains.

Maybe that was the Master's new name for Aias. I wanted a name too, I never had one.

"Not my problem," My Master grumbles, crossing his large arms while watching Aias clawing to reach for his new Master.

"How am I supposed to get him home if he tries to bite me every time I get close?!" The Master yells, looking to Aias almost pleadingly but he only bares his sharpened teeth.

"Your elf. Your problem." My Master says before making his way to the machine he left me in. I sit up a little more, forcing myself to stop shaking so I could be at my best for him. He opens the door before saying, "Good luck."

Then Master sits down in the seat in front of me, the machine shakes a little making the trembling begin again. I almost whimper my fear but swallow it, not wanting to upset Master. Master shuts the door, locking us inside before he releases a small sigh like the trainers did whenever I didn't perform my positions the way they wanted.

I really am a bad slave.

I look up at the small mirror and see myself, I looked dirty and there was a clear outline of my missing collar which made the tears in my eyes fall once more. Then my eyes meet my Master's so I immediately look away, wiping at my tears, too chocked and useless to even beg for forgiveness.

I was shaking and crying, I looked my Master in his eyes without his permission. I felt like the worse slave in the world.

Master doesn't say anything, he doesn't warn me of future punishment for my faults. He doesn't move, just sits still which was even scarier than when they yelled at me.

"What's your name?" He says after a moment. His voice was heavy and sharp like casting a command. I liked commands and instructions, then I knew what to do and I didn't disappoint.

"I-I don't have one Master," I reply, trying to not show my fear but my voice still shakes.

Then the silence falls again and Master doesn't say anything else. It made me worry that I'd upset him again somehow, but I didn't understand why. I didn't have a name, I never did. The other slaves who came in over the years did, they always used those names until it was beaten out of them.