Chapter 46

Just a quick note, I've decided to change the plot direction from what I intended with that Patreon Extra 'Kalem gets jealous'. It's now going in a different sort of direction so for those who've read it already or who will read it in the future, try to think of that extra as a glimpse at another universe where Kalem got jealous.

Sorry if that's annoying or confusing, I just thought of something way better for the overall plotline of the book, so I'm following that instead.

Again, I'm really sorry if that's annoying

----------------

Kalem's P.O.V

I stare at my notes with a deep frown while I tap my pen against the edge of my book.

It wasn't my notes' fault that I couldn't put the pieces together, but I glared at them anyway.

Stupid notes.

At the centre of my page, I had the big meanie's name in a big circle and all around it, I had everything that didn't make sense to me about him.

Diablos had told Master how powerful he was and yet Lincoln won every battle he faced when he left the castle. So did the meanie Diablos really have a lot of power or was he just lying?

Lying was bad and that seemed like something someone as evil as him would do, but what if he was telling the truth and was just waiting for a good moment to strike?

And then, Master had that amazing gift that let him have power over all the vampires in the world, so why would Diablos ever try fighting Master if, in the end, Lincoln could just control him too?

It didn't make sense and I knew I wasn't that good at understanding all the details of all that was going on, but I knew that those two pieces just didn't fit.

To me, it had to mean that the bad man had a plan, one that didn't make him scared of facing Lincoln's power. Which was super crazy and like insane because I'd seen Master's powers firsthand and he was very strong!

I lower my book on a sigh and take a moment to look at everyone around me.

The library only had a few people today and they were all keeping to themselves, reading quietly in their special corners while I played with time from mine.

The girl who was turning her page in the back corner was still stuck in the place I'd stopped things as was everyone else. I check my special watch quickly and smile when I see that ten minutes had passed. 

I'd made time stop without popping for ten minutes! That was my longest time yet! 

Aias said I wouldn't be able to do something like this for years but I already was, so maybe I should try something else next.

Focusing my thought, I let time continue but much slower than usual. The girl's page lowers itself at a snail's pace and I grin at my success. 

While I focus some of my magic on that, I check on the barriers around the castle but they were fine all around.

Master, Wequie, Aias and his Malcolm had all left again with most of the clan's fighters to take down another one of the bad man's strongholds. They'd already gotten all of the other fortresses and were on their last one tonight.

Lincoln said it was called Lupin and it would be the hardest one yet, I guess he was right because he'd been gone for three days now...

But they were okay, and Master said things were going exactly to plan. But that's why things didn't make sense to me! 

I look back at my scribbles and growl a little at them, wishing it was as easy to find the answer, as it was to control my magic now.

I was getting really really good at being a nyphilim.