Chapter 62

Kalem's P.O.V

I never knew vampires could be so happy.

Okay, that sounded really bad, but it was the truth! The vampires in our clan had always been all nice and smiley to me; I knew that, but I didn't know they could be like this!

I didn't realise they could play such happy instruments and dance along to the sweet melodies they created, but they were. Even those who weren't dancing were happily clapping along to the tune, cheering the others on while they watched from their seats. Everyone was smiling from ear to ear, laughing so much that there wasn't a corner of the castle that was quiet.

It was like a pixie festival! But without the fireworks and the food... and the fun games and ice rinks... and the pixies...

...maybe it wasn't like a pixie festival at all.

Whichever it was, everyone's spirits were high, twinkling brightly in my eyes, and at the centre of it all was Lincoln.

Master was glowing as if the sun was shining down on only him. His darl eyes were light with glee as he clapped along with everyone else, and his lips were split wide in an open smile that hadn't faded since that moment in the throne room.

I didn't think I could ever explain how good it felt to see finally become Pylen in every sense of the word. Especially after all the time I spent secretly cleaning the throne room for this day. I'd imagined how he might look so many times, but none of my dreams lived up to the real thing.

From the moment his eyes had spotted the throne, a spark had come to life within him. It was like a flame, just starting out, growing bigger with each step until he finally sat upon his throne and burst to life.

Something had changed for him, some shift deep inside, and it had spread to everyone else.

Lincoln was made to be Pylen, to sit on that throne, and now everyone knew it.

Witnessing that was enough to make me as happy as could be, even with the niggling feeling in my chest since a certain someone was missing from the celebrations.

"Kalem!" Wequie screams as he slips around my chair and dumps himself in my lap.

At my side, Lincoln glowers, but he doesn't rip Wequie off as he wiggles around until he's comfortable.

"Oh," Wequie gasps, snickering behind his hand as he looks down, "oh my! It's bigger now."

"Wequie," Lincoln warns lowly.

"Fine, fine," Wequie pouts, bringing his sparkling eyes back to mine. "I'm just here to tell you a secret."

"Is it the secret about how much you like my brother?" I ask with a wrinkle of my nose, "Because you've already told me that one."

I usually loved hearing Wequie talk about any sort of sexy things, but not when they included Zhoron. That was so ewwww!

Wequie groans as he shifts around, trying to hide his excited parts, "No, it wasn't but thank you for reminding me about that fucking delicious specimen! Kalem, your brother is my walking wet dream."

"Wequie!" I groan, covering my ears, but he pulls my hands back down, forcing me to listen.

"You have to tell me everything he likes, every detail!" Wequie demands. "I need to ride his dick, Kalem. I need to."

"Ahh!" I scream, looking to Master for help, but he just grins widely. So mean.

"Every time he glares at me, I swear to the Gods I have a dry orgasm," Wequie continues, sighing wistfully as he slumps against me.