Chapter 64

A/N - I wrote this chapter to Take Care by Beach House, and you can play throughout, or you can play later on in the chapter where I will say for a specific scene.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------

Three months later

Lincoln's P.O.V

Circling the pristine table, I make sure each chair is just as it should be before I stand behind my own.

"Perfect,"

The council room was hardly unfamiliar, but it had undergone many changes under Wequie's hand, each of which was admittedly better than the last.

The war map that had hung over the largest wall for months, like a brand, was no longer present, and though it had only been paper and wool, the room felt considerably lighter in its absence.

Similarly, the former linear table that had seen me at the head had been replaced by a round one. My advisers knew that I was Pylen; I didn't need seating to prove that. This was more seemly, as were the eight elegant chairs that each had an engraving of the owner's sigil or station within the clan.

Today, these seats would be filled for the first time since the war, and just the thought had pride that could hardly be tamed surging within my chest.

More than a year ago, these had only been plans on paper, preparations for how I'd run my clan once I was in control, but today, they would be made real. All those endless nights were proving their worth, yet again.

Everything we'd ever wanted, made so, I only hoped that this too would be as perfect as we imagined.

"You're worrying is making my belly feel sick, Master."

Despite how much time had passed or how I'd thought I'd mastered anticipating Kalem's popping, I still found my soul leaping out of my body at the sweet voice that sounded behind me.

I spin, meeting the mischief in Kalem's hazel eyes that he tried to hide behind a layer of innocence that was far too thin. Besides, we both knew that Kalem was anything other than innocent.

"So, you sought to punish me by frightening me?" I ask, already smiling for him.

Kalem twists his lips to the side thoughtfully, "Well, you're not worried anymore. It worked!"

Chuckling, I pull my love close, lavishing in the feel of his warm body against mine, his fitting just as it was meant to, "Then I should thank you."

"I think so," Kalem whispers.

"I hope this will do,"

I catch a glimpse of Kalem's approving grin just before I bring our lips together. It didn't matter that I'd spent the morning lavishing in the taste of him; I needed more and I would always happily, enthusiastically, overindulge in my love.

Kalem moans as I swipe my tongue over his lips, pulling him in closer when I find him to be sweet as ever. I groan against his soft lips that enticed me to do all manner of unseemly things to my greatest love.

Gods, what I could do to him right now...

"No! We can't get naughty in here," Kalem scolds against my lips, even as his fingers slip into my belt loops and tug me closer to him.

I grind my cock against his hip, letting him feel every hard inch, "But we did yesterday and the day before," I whisper while tracing his neck with my teeth, "and the day before that."