Chapter 2

Karina's view

I roam my eyes around my apartment. I just finished cleaning and organizing some of my things that I left in a mess because I don't have enough time on doing it this past few weeks.

The interior design of my apartment is just simple like my personality. The whole apartment is painted with white except for some designs that was painted with black like the stair going on the second floor. I really love this penthouse of mine to the point I treat it as my baby.

 I really love this penthouse of mine to the point I treat it as my baby

(Karina's apartment)

After what my mother told me yesterday, I immediately went back here to clean the whole apartment. I don't know what time is it but I think it's already 6 in the evening because of the sunset that I can see outside my window. I started cleaning this morning so I can now feel the tiredness for the whole day but I smile because it's worth it. My penthouse looks cozier than before.

I'm busy looking around my penthouse when my stomach groans in hunger. Since I'm so tired to cook for my dinner so I think pizza will do. I immediately pick up my phone to order a box of pizza. While waiting I take the opportunity to read some my unread messages from my mom. She reminded me that her childhood friend's daughter which name is Winter will be coming tonight in our house then by tomorrow morning she will move here. I can't help myself but to frown on the thought of living with someone that I don't really know so I just think that mom was right. She will be good like the others so no worries for now.

Suddenly the doorbell rings meaning the pizza is already here. I stand up and walk to the doorway then get the pizza. It didn't took half an hour when I finished eating all the pizza. Maybe it's because of exhaustion. After that I shower quickly and dry my hair to sleep. I throw my body to my soft bed. Sleeping is one of the best thing that you can do for a tiring day.

'I just hope nothing bad will happen tomorrow when I meet her' I sigh at my thought then let darkness eats me.

---

I wake up at the sound of my doorbell for the nth time.

"What the heck?! Who's person will visit me this so early?!" I groan in frustration.

I rise from my bed then go to the doorway, stamping the floor.

I open my door harshly and speak, "What do you want?!"

"You're Karina Yoo right?" instead of seeing Giselle or my parents or one of my colleagues, I see an unfamiliar face standing on my front. She has a blonde hair and a light brown eyes that I guess are just a contact lenses. She also has a slim body but she's smaller than me. She's wearing a black floral dress that just above her knee and a black gladiator boots. She's pretty but her face shows no emotion, just a plain one.

 She's pretty but her face shows no emotion, just a plain one