Chapter 44

Karina's view

After an hour of working on my research, I decided to leave the library earlier today. Giselle is absent due to her dysmenorrhea so I'll be going home alone.

As I walk my way through the corridor, I notice that it's so quiet around. I'm not complaining though.

I am enjoying the silence alone when I hear a voice singing nearby. The voice is so calming to listen and it seems to hypnotize.

I follow the direction of the voice until it leads me to a vacant room. The door is slightly open so I assume that there's a person inside.

The owner of the voice suddenly stops singing but after some seconds I hear a sound of a guitar as the person starts singing another song.

Since when I saw you
Did you feel it was fate?
Like the stars in the night sky were shining...

I can't help myself to amaze. She's giving the real emotion the song needed.

I didn't hesitate to push the door slowly and when it finally opened, I walk inside. I peep my head to look who's it and I'm more than surprised when I recognize her, it's Winter. It's always been, Winter.

She's sitting above the table while facing the other side of the room so she can't feel my presence at all.

You've been around for a long time
Every time I think of a poem called 'you'
I want to memorize it so I can remember you
When the sad night comes, I'll protect you
Can you hear my heart?
Don't forget

I watch her sing wholeheartedly. She looks so beautiful as she sings.

In the passing season my heart
I know it doesn't change
Just the way you look at me
I think you have the whole world

Suddenly guilt builds up inside me. Am I being harsh to Winter again? I shouldn't avoid her and talk to her instead, not this.

I'm in deep thoughts when I accidentally drop the pen that I'm holding. It makes a noise on the whole room and before I know it Winter is already staring right at me.

"Winter I'm... I'm sorry I was just looking for Giselle and I thought she was here in this room"  I lie and she seems like not buying my excuses so my anxiety arises.

"Uh, I think she already went home now so I'll get going"  I say.

"Wait Karina!"  she says then gets off the table. My body stiffened when she walks in my direction.

"W-why?"  I ask, stammering.

"Let's talk please?"  she pleads.

"About what?"  I ask even though I already know it.

"Why are you avoiding me? Is it because of the kiss?"  she asks as she made eye contact.

I think of any other reasons to say again but I end up telling the truth.

"Yes"

"But w-why? You knew that it was an accident Karina"

"I don't know too"  I answer as I avert her gaze.

"You can't just avoid someone without any reason so please tell me what's wrong... I'm begging you"

"Okay, fine. I'm avoiding you because of that kiss"  I burst out.