Chapter 35

Karina's view

Everyone is busy doing their business as I look around me. Everyone is in a hurry because today is our foundation day. I glance up on the wall clock and it shows 8:47 in the morning meaning we only have thirteen minutes left before our performance. I peep my head on the curtain but it's a wrong idea because it only worsen my anxiety that I'm feeling. Everyone is expecting for us to have a great performance so it's not easy for my part because I'm not the type of person who likes doing this kind of thing.

"Karina are you ready?"  Giselle asks that makes me looks at her. I smile at her as I nod my head.

"Alright then. Good luck to us!"  she expresses.

"Yep fighting!"

We go in the corner of the backstage to have our very last meeting but while we're talking I spot Winter with Ningning walking around. I know something is off but I haven't talk it with them cause we're too caught up for our performance lately. Sometimes I catch her watching Giselle and me but I just shrug it off.

While watching them, Winter glances at us and catches me looking at them. She gives me a questioning look but I play it cool by throwing a shrug at her then I go back on listening to Giselle.

Few moments later we hear the emcee for today speaks. Our ears are all listening carefully on the speaker.

"Good morning and welcome to students, parents, and our guest of honors that attend for today's celebration of Aeyeong University's 97th foundation day"  the emcee begins. The opening speech lasts for more than fifteen minutes then our opening performance.

"Okay duos prepare for your performance. We will start in five"  Haneul, our group choreographer says as she claps to gain our attention.

Everybody moves fast to prepare as my anxiety arises. We only have few more minutes before people see us performing. My mother and Mrs. Kim told to me that they want too go here but sadly they can't because they're doing something rush for their business partnership. It's fine for me but I'm still feel nervous about other people. What if they don't like our performance especially this is my first time doing this.

One of the event organizer calls us then tells us who to perform first. Me and Giselle are the second to the last while Winter and Ningning are the last to perform.

Eventually, the emcee starts speaking again. He calls the first performer and when they begin performing we can all hear the cheers and claps from the stage. I leave Giselle for a while and I go in the corner to calm my heartbeat. I stay there until I hear the emcee calls our name.

"And for the third performer, let's all welcome Ms. Karina Yoo and Giselle Uchinaga from junior year"  it follows by loud clap. We position ourselves behind the curtain and wait for 30 seconds before it opens.

"Rina we can do this okay? Just think that no one is watching us and focus on the steps alright?"  Giselle says as she holds my hands tight. I nod my head as I look at her straightly then heave a sigh.

The music starts so me and Giselle let our body move to the vibe. I keep on glancing at Giselle to make sure that I'm doing the right thing. Luckily our dance execution comes to an end smoothly. The audiences gone wild again but our performance isn't finish yet.

When the crowd stop shouting and clapping the stage light is off but they turn on the spotlight and focus it to Giselle as she begins delivering her own made rap. I hear some gasps from the crowd. She told to me that performing her own made song, rap, and script is her dream since then so I'm more than proud while watching her doing so, I could see the passion in her eyes. I prepare myself when she blurts out her last line and when it did the spotlight focus on me. That's when I execute my rap line and almost everyone is in complete shock, even our colleagues because no one knew that I can do rap. Yeah it's my first time doing this on stage but when I was a kid I was a fan of national rappers too. I really loved practicing it when I was alone as well as dancing but I was just too shy to show it to anyone even to my own family.