Chapter 27

Winter's view

I glance at my phone to check the current time and it shows 9:43 in the morning. I smile at the thought of me going to the newly opened amusement park here for the first time. The excitement is gushing inside me. Karina promised me that she'll bring me and Ningning to that amusement park before the school start again.

Few minutes later, I hear some noises outside my room. I peek and there I see Karina talking to my mom. I just noticed that Karina is staying longer here in our house lately. We're already in the middle of January yet we haven't talk alone properly unlike the last time when I broke down in front of her. Despite of that I appreciated all of her effort towards my family. She's such a sweet and thoughtful person which I didn't expect because my first impression to her is scary. They all telling me that me and Karina shared in her apartment before but of course I can't remember any single details about that because of my amnesia. I'm trying though but it's still useless until now.

I walk downstairs to greet Karina and she immediately smile as she sees me coming.

"Good morning"

"Good morning to you too"  she greets back.

"So are you ready to go? Ningning is already waiting for us"  she adds.

"Yep. Let's go?"  I answer. We bid our goodbyes to my mom before we go.

We get in inside her car then she drives in complete silence. I don't bother to talk because I don't know what to say too so we just let it be like that.

Soon she pulls out in a parking area besides the amusement park. We walk side by side on our way inside. My eyes immediately look for Ningning and I see her sitting on a bench while scrolling on her phone.

"Ningning!"  I call then she look up at us with her usual contagious smile. We then walk towards her.

"Thank you for waiting"  Karina says as soon as we reach her place.

"No problem"  she replies to Karina before she looks at me.

"So are we all ready?"  she asks, more likely to me.

"Yup"  is my short answer. I take a glance at her neck and smile to myself knowing that she's still wearing the necklace that I gave last Christmas. It really suits at her.

Karina leads the way while me and Ningning follow behind her. I watch Karina sway her hips like a professional runway model. Well you can't blame me though. Karina is tall, fit, and has a small pretty face that perfectly suit for a model.

Ningning nudges me as she gives me a teasing look. "I know where you're looking at"  she blurts out then wiggles her eyebrows. I then frown at her.

"I don't know what you're talking about"  I say then avert my gaze to the rides that we're passing by.

"Really? If I'm not mistaken the last time I saw you, you weren't checking a girl except Karina"  she continues teasing me. What is she implying now? That I'm always checking Karina like every minute?

"Shut up"  I say then playfully roll my eyes.

"Okay fine Ms. Winter"  Ningning replies then let out a chuckle. Luckily Karina can't hear us talking about her or else I'll strangle this little Ning right now.

The three of us decided to ride Comet Express, Rolling-X Train, T Express, Phaeton, and Atlantis. Me and Ningning just laughed and screamed like we were crazy while Karina almost cried on the rides. I can't believe that Karina is such a scaredy-cat despite of her intimidating aura. I feel so bad for laughing at her. Good thing she managed not to puke while we were on the rides.

"Omg Karina your face was so priceless. I should have captured that"  Ningning says after we got off from our last ride then we both burst out laughing until my stomach starts to hurt in so much laugh.

"HA HA HA so funny"  she says sarcastically.

"Okay sorry sorry"  I say as I try my best not to laugh again.

Eventually we take a rest on the bench food stall nearby while eating our snacks. I giggle when I glance at Ningning who's mouth is full of sauce. I don't know why does she eats like a child but I admit that it's kinda cute for me.

The time passed by so fast and it's already 3:43 in the afternoon.

"I think that's enough for today"  Karina says. I think we need to go home now. Honestly I really enjoy this day and I'm gonna miss this for sure. It's just sad to think that both of them will go back in school again while I'll be alone in our house for the rest of the upcoming months because my mother decided for me to stop attending school for now because of my current situation. I just hope we can still bond like this despite of them being busy again.

"I'll just go to the comfort room"  I excuse then head on the women's comfort room.

I immediately wash my hands in the lavatory after I got off from the cubicle. As I wash my hands, the person next to me calls my name.

"W-winter?"  and when I look at her she has this surprise look while I look at her quizzically.

"Pardon me but do you know me?"  I ask in confusion.

---

Giselle's view

My parents had their business meeting yesterday and since I have no one to accompany me in our house last night they decided to bring me with them. They already knew that me and Karina aren't in good terms as of now but I didn't tell them the real reason. I don't want them to feel disappointed at me too.

Before we go home we visit this newly established amusement park. I just rode two rides since I'm not into rides like this.

I told to my parents that I'll just use the comfort room while they're roaming around.

As I enter the comfort room I see Winter enters one of the cubicles. I freeze right away. Is that really her? Then what is she doing here?

"Uh miss are you going to use the last cubicle?"  a woman asks that makes me wake from my trance.

"Ah yes"  I answer then she just arch an eyebrow at me. I just shrug it off because I'm still occupied on what I saw. No she can't be her. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

Then I completely ignore my thought and enter the very last cubicle.

I'm about to wash my hands on the lavatory but I halt when I see Winter's reflection on the mirror. This time I'm so sure that it's her. Without realizing I already staring right at her face in shock, I haven't even realize that I called her name. A questioning look is written all over her face.

"Pardon me but do you know me?"  she asks that makes me confuse. What does she mean by that? Don't tell me she forgot me that fast??

I'm about to answer her but her phone rings, saving me from this conversation.

"Excuse me I'll just answer this"  she says as she get her phone out of her bag. She turns her back from me and I take that opportunity to leave. I don't know how will I explain that I was the one who declined her call before the accident so the only thing that I can do for now is to avoid her. I know this will just make my relationship with Karina worse but I'm still afraid of what might happen next. I'm still not yet ready to face the worst consequences even though it has been half a year. I just wish that it wouldn't be too late before I could tell her.

~
A/n: So we're already reached 5k+ reads 🎉 If it weren't for my readers then I wouldn't reach this success so thank you so much guys!