Chapter 17

Giselle's view

"Rina do you want to come with me after class?"  I ask Karina even though I'm pretty sure that she'll reject it but she's my best friend so I still want to invite her just in case.

She lifts up her face and her tired eyes meet mine. It's been almost a week now since Karina kicked Winter out of her apartment and I swear it doesn't help Karina's situation. She looks sleepless and she has been so distant from everyone even from me. It starting to worry me now.

"Where?" Bis her short response.

"Uh it's one of my high school classmates' party"  we just stare at each other for a moment. My heart starts beating so fast in anticipation because it's unusual for Karina to have an interest in a party.

"I'll go"  she says that makes my eyes grow wide then go back from her plate again. I just look at her in surprise. Well, maybe she realized that she also needs to enjoy her Friday night like every other students in our age do.

After our classes we immediately went home to change clothes and now we're currently driving to Yoonsang's house. The quietness inside her car is making me uneasy so I decide to break the deafening silence.

"Rina don't you think if you better talk with Winter again? I mean yeah she did a lot of problems but if your mother know your and her situation right now it will cause a bigger problem"  I say, trying to be brave because I know Karina doesn't want to open up this topic since last week and it ain't good.

She lets out a sigh first before she speaks. "No it's better than this way plus I guess she's having her fun on her girlfriend's house"

"What?"  I ask because I barely heard that last two words.

"Oh we're here"  she blurts out, trying to avoid the topic.

I just shake my head in her action.

We hope out of her car and walk towards the big house that looks like a mansion. Wow I didn't know that Yoonsang is this rich.

It's already past 7 in the evening so people are already filled inside the house.

"This looks bigger than I expected"  Karina almost shout because we can't hear each other in so much noise.

"Yeah I know"  I reply as I pull her through the crowd to look for vacant spot.

"Oh Giselle I'm so glad that you came"  I bump into Yoonsang.

"Of course I am. By the way, happy birthday Yoonsang!"  I grin on him.

"Thank you and who's this gorgeous girl with you?"  he says. Is he trying to flirt with Karina?

I look at Karina who gives Yoonsang a small smile then they shake their hands longer. I clear my throat to stop their awkward handshake, more likely to Karina.

"Ah sorry. I just can't help myself but to make sure everyone will feel welcome here specially for the both of you"  he states confidently then shows his full smile like a toothpaste model, he also wink to Karina that makes me almost puke.

"I guess we better get a drink"  I excuse.

"Okay. Enjoy your night here ladies"  he lastly says before I pull Karina out of him.

"Well that's kinda awkward"  Karina says.

"It is"  I say then we both giggle.

I left Karina for a while to get my drink only since I know Karina doesn't drink but as I'm about to go back to Karina I bump into familiar face. It's Yeji, one of my close friends during high school.