Chapter 8

Karina's view

Today is Wednesday but we don't have classes for the whole day. I decided to go in grocery to buy our supply because the last time I went here was a rush. Now I have lots of time so I pick some snacks until my feet lead me in ice cream section. I open the freezer then look for a specific flavor.

"Finally" I mumble to myself as I get the tub of salted caramel flavored ice cream. Actually it's not my favorite flavor but since it's Winter's favorite I used to it now.

Speaking of Winter, she's still quiet around me but she's not treating me as a wall anymore unlike last week. I'm fine with it though. I just hope I can make her talk to me again soon.

I smile when I remember what happened last Saturday night. Since Winter left the penthouse that night, me and Giselle tried our best to find her around but we failed to. I called her for so many times but she didn't answer it. I'm so worried that night. Giselle said that I should go home because it's getting late and just wait for Winter to come home so she accompanied me back to my penthouse before she go. I can't help myself that time but to cry and cry because I knew it's all my fault not Winter, but still I blamed her without considering her situation. Until I was interrupted by a doorbell ring. My heart rate sped up. I hurriedly went to the doorway to open it. My worry slowly fade away when I saw Winter standing with her usual poker face. I tried to read her eyes because that's the only way to know what she really felt. I saw a mixed emotions, it was pain and shock. I plunged myself into her then gave her a tight hug. I started crying again in her shoulder. I feel her arms moved and I thought she will push me away and will shout at me but I was surprised when she caressed my back gently like she was scared to hurt me. I don't know but I felt like it's one of her side that I haven't seen before. That's a good thing because I might see it soon if I continue being good with her.

"Miss cash or card?" the male cashier interrupts me from my secret thought. I look at her and she's giving me a weird look.

"Cash" is my short answer.

After I pay my bill, I grab my groceries then hope in inside my car. I hope Winter will be happy seeing this ice cream.

---

Ningning's view

I'm about to turn off my phone last night when I received a message from an unknown number, asking if I'm still up? I felt nervous while typing my reply. How come he knows my number when in fact no one knew about it except my family. After some seconds he replied back and it's Winter. I sighed in relief, I thought it's a weirdo again.

We just talked about what happened since Saturday night and she told me that Karina apologized to her that night too. I'm glad for her. She also asked me if I can come in their apartment to have a bonding again. I was shocked at first because it was the first time that someone invited me to go in their place. Usually it's always them who come to our house even though I'm not inviting them. In short, my ex-friends just used me because they knew how rich my parents our so they abused them.

Of course I accepted Winter's invitation. It's new to me to come over in a friend's house and also I want to meet this Karina.

I check myself on the mirror. I'm wearing a square neck puff sleeve top and short. After checking my outfit, I put a light make up then let my ginger colored hair fall on my back. I excitingly get out of our house.

 I excitingly get out of our house