Chapter 45

Winter's view

A smile automatically appears on my face as I read Karina's message. She's inviting me to watch movies in her apartment tonight since it's Friday and I immediately reply with a "yes"

When I looked up, Ningning is already giving me an incredulous look.

"Seriously Winter? What's with you today? You're smiling since this morning"  she says.

"Me? Nothing"  I answer while shaking my head. She then shifts her body closer to me.

"C'mon tell me, is it because of Karina?"  she inquires again.

"Yup"

"Why?"

"Because we're okay now"  I answer, leaving the part where I kissed Karina and confessed. I don't want to hide anything from Ningning but I also don't want to tell anyone regarding this. I still need to talk about this with Karina at the right time. I want to make sure first that Karina meant what she told me, that we're on the same page now.

"Oh, I see. I'm so glad to know that, really"  she mumbles, grinning then pulls me into a hug.

"Yeah, thanks Ningning"

"By the way, I'll be sleeping in Yuna's tonight"  I lie. I don't like lying but...

"Yuna? Your leader in thesis?"  she asks, giving me a confused look.

"Y-yup"

"Why? I thought your group was already done with that"

"Actually, we haven't finished it yet so yeah"  I reply as I chuckle nervously.

"Oh, I see. Okay I'll tell mom and dad about that don't worry"

"Thanks, Ning"

-

I instantly sent a message to Karina after I said goodbyes to Ning's family. I brought extra clothes and of course my hygiene kit with me.

I'm currently on my way to Karina's and I can't help but feel nervous. I need to calm down because I'll probably look stupid once I see Karina.

Not long after, the driver stops and when I glance outside the window I see the building where Karina resides then I pay the driver after.

I heave a sigh as I step out of the cab. I feel so overwhelmed right now. Recently, Karina was avoiding me and I thought that she was mad cause we kissed accidentally, then yesterday we kissed willingly and she even said that she likes me too. Now, I'm here standing in front of Karina's place to sleep with her tonight. I just realize that things happened so fast. Don't get me wrong here, I'm happy that Karina feels the same as I do but I'm kinda afraid that this enjoyment will fall into another problem again as to how things are meant to work.

I'm too lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize that I'm already pressing the doorbell on Karina's apartment.

"Wait"  I hear Karina's voice inside so I wait for her to open the door.

Shortly after, the door swings open, revealing Karina. I'm too stunned by her beauty that I can't process what she's saying.

She's wearing a loose shirt while her hair is still wet, meaning she just finished showering.

"Winter?"  she called which wakes me up from my daydream.

"Yeah?"

"Are you alright? I said come inside but you were just staring at me for the whole time"

"Uh right. Sorry I was just thinking something"  I excuse.

"What is it then?"  she inquires, puzzled.

"Nothing serious. So let's now go inside?"  I tell her, trying to avoid further questions.

-

I'm having so much fun tonight. Karina cooked pasta which we ate together, then talked random things after. Now, we are watching the second movie for this night. I look up at the wall clock above the big television and it reads 11:49 PM.

I take a glance at Karina and to my surprise, she's already sleeping beside me. I let out a small smile.

I carefully get the remote in her hand. She stirs but doesn't wake up.

I turn off the television then look at her again, or more likely watch her sleep.

My eyes trace her features starting from her eyes, to her nose, then down to her lips. Those lips that I already kissed twice.

I'm so drawn to her that I'm already imagining her as my girlfriend. I want to ask her out but I don't think this is the right time to do things like that. I don't want Karina to date a person who can't remember her past. I don't want my condition to ruin everything. Maybe if I remember even a piece of small information before the accident then I'll ask permission from her parents to officially date her. I just wish that when that time comes, her feelings won't fade away.

I inch our gap then kiss her forehead.

"Thank you, Karina. Please stay with me until I gain my memories back" I whisper before I lay down beside her to sleep.

"Good night"

~
(A/n: Guys thank you so much for 50k reads! No one asks but your comments and votes in every chapter are highly appreciated. Your support is my main reason to continue writing, so thank you so much 🤩)