Chapter 48

Winter's view

My eyes felt sore as I gradually opened them. It was hard but once I did it, the first thing I saw was a white ceiling.

I prop my elbow to help myself sit. Like my eyes, my body feels sore too so I move cautiously. When I succeeded, I wander my eyes around me.

I see a small table beside my bed and there's a basket full of fruits above it. The color of the wall is also white, like the ceiling. This isn't my room. Where am I? Who brought me here? I can't remember a thing.

I was busy remembering what happened when someone embarks inside without knocking.

"Winter you're awake"  she says. Suddenly, my blood boils when I recognized her face. It's her, the girl that I've been seeing in my dreams.

"You. It's you"  I fume. I see how her reaction changed from excited to surprised.

"Where I am? What did you do to me?"  I ask her. Honestly, I'm just preventing myself from dashing into her and choking her.

"I-I didn't do anything to you Winter. Can't you remember me? I'm your best friend, Aika"  she says like I'm going to believe her.

"Liar! I don't have any friends besides Ningning and Karina--"  then I shut as I mention Karina. I was with her before I went here.

"Where's Karina? I want to see her"  I quickly move to get out of this room but then my head suddenly hurts which stops me.

"Winter, don't. She's not here"  she tells me so I furrow my brows in confusion.

"What do you mean she's not here?? Don't tell me you did something to her?! I swear, I won't forgive you once something bad happened to her!"  I scream but then it makes my headaches more than it is.

"Winter please just calm down. I didn't do anything to her"

"Then where is she?! I want to see her right now"

"Winter you've changed. You weren't my best friend anymore. The Winter that I know wasn't this aggressive"  she says but I ignore it.

"Fine. If you want to see her then close your eyes"  she says.

"What? Are you kidding me?"  this conversation is really going somewhere.

"I'm telling you, woman, I don't have any time for your prank so just tell me now where's Karina so we could go home after"

"I'm not kidding you, Winter. If you want to see her and remember your past then trust me. No one can help you here beside me"  she says which makes my head puzzle.

"I don't know if you're still in your sanity but I won't waste my time here talking to you"  I say then get out from the bed. My head is still hurting but I don't mind it. I need to see Karina then leave this crazy girl.

"Winter stop!"  she yells but I ignore her. I briskly walk going to the door. I open it but I retreat backward on what I'm seeing. What is this??

The outside of the room is literally nothing. The room is like floating above the air that you could see nothing outside but a deep hole.

"Don't move Winter. Once you fall you couldn't be able to get back again"  I look at her petrified. What does that mean?

She carefully walk where I was stoned. "Winter like what I've said. You need to trust me on this"

"H-how could I trust you? I don't even know who you are and what's your real intention to me?"