Epilogue

Winter's view

(Winter's outfit in their departure)

I was in my head when my mom calls my attention so I quickly look at her.

"Winter I'll be right back. I'll just buy snacks to eat"  she says.

"Alright, mom"  I reply then give her a small smile. I sigh once she completely disappeared. We're now in the airport, waiting for our flight to announce but I don't feel excited at all. I'm just here with my mom, feeling nothing.

I've been like this for a while now. Things have been messing up in my head lately and one of those is Karina. There were no days that I couldn't think of her and it just worsened when Giselle showed up. After I processed everything she said, I'd come to realize that Karina has nothing to do with the accident or whatever happened to me for the whole time I was still with her. As for Giselle, I felt disappointed in her at first but if it wasn't for her then I would never come to this realization.

I want to have a sincere talk with Karina but every time I think of facing her again, I would always feel scared because of what I did. I never felt this coward in my entire life. I don't know what to do anymore.

A few moments later, I see my mom coming while holding a plastic bag.

"I bought you a Fortune Cookies"  my mom tells me as soon as she arrives.

I feel like my eyes are shining when she hands it over to me and I quickly accept it. Fortune cookies are so fun to eat because of the quotes inside them and it's been a while since I last ate this so I couldn't help but excitement.

I take one of them and crack it into half. The strip of paper immediately shows. I pull it out and delightfully read it.

"Something unexpected will come on your way today"  it says. Well, maybe we will run into one of my parents' friends again or my dad planned of surprising us once we get home, that's what I thought.

"Oh crap! I forgot to buy our drinks!"  my mom suddenly exclaims which makes me laugh a bit. She looks so cute every time she remembers something she forgot.

"Don't worry mom. I will buy our drinks"  I volunteer.

"Thanks, baby"  she says as she smiles.

I get up from my seat then walk away. I crumple the paper that I got from the cookie and put it inside the pocket of my jacket but I stop on my track when I felt something in it.

"What's this?"  I mumble as I take it out from my pocket and I'm surprised to see a ring. As far I can remember I don't have any ring, so how come this ring was inside my pocket?

I stare at it, thinking hard if this really belongs to me but I'm a hundred percent sure that I don't own it.

The ring looks simple but I find myself drawn into it. This is exactly my type of jewelry. I continue exploring the ring when something catches my attention. I read it and I'm in awe when I realize that my name is curved in it and I freeze once I read the name next to my name.