Chapter 31

Winter's view

"Winter are you ready now?"  Ningning asks outside my room. I rake my fingers across my hair as I look at myself in the mirror. It almost an hour since Ningning asked the same question yet I still can't wear this tie properly until now. Why does our uniform needed to be this complicated to wear?

Today is our first day in college but this isn't what I was expecting for our very first day. I feel so bad for wasting our time.

I didn't answer her anymore and just barge out from my room to see her crossing her arms downstairs. I guess she's really pissed off now.

"Let's go"  I say when I reach her.

"What took you so long? We're supposed on our way now there"  Ningning says, still crossing her arms. This is the first time I see her like this.

"Sorry I just can't wear our uniform's tie"  I apologize as I hang my head low. Since yesterday she felt so anxious about this so she really prepared everything for today but I just ruining this day. I don't think she even had an enough sleep last night.

I hear her heave a heavy sigh then get the tie in my hand. I look at her feeling guilty.

"Okay sorry too. I'm just so nervous on our first day. Just imagine if we come there very late then probably our professors will scold us immediately and that's what I'm avoiding for Winter so I hope you understand. If you're thinking that I'm mad at you then you're wrong"  she explains. I look straight at her eyes without saying anything.

"Now let me teach you how to wear this okay?"  then she starts doing my tie. Her eyes are so focus on it while instructing to me every steps. As I watch her I feel something weird that makes me halt.

"Deja vu"  I blurt out.

"What?"  Ningning asks as she didn't hear it enough.

"N-nothing"  I reply that gains a weird look from her then continues working on my tie again.

Why did it feels like that scene already happened before? What if it really happened in my past but I just can't remember it?? This is so frustrating!

I accidentally groan in annoyance that gains Ningning attention.

"Are you sure you ate breakfast this morning?"  Ningning inquires. I furrow my brows in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Because you've been so weird since you got out of your room"  she answers. I can't read her face if she's still piss off or what.

"Y-yeah I'm just nervous like you"  I half-lie. I can't tell her that it bothers me when she taught me how to wear this tie this morning.

"Ningning we're here"  their family driver announces. We say our goodbyes to him then get off their family van.

I spot Karina's car in the parking area. I assume that she's already waiting for us inside.

We walk side by side inside the university and since it's first day for freshmen like us, the ground is kinda messy. Some look lost and some look like just got up from their bed. A typical scenario every first day of school.

"Karina!"  Ningning excitingly calls Karina's name. She's standing besides a tree while waiting for us. Our uniform really looks good at her.

She then walk towards our direction. We greet each other a good morning when she arrived. We're in the middle of our conversation when the school bell rings so we end our small talk right away.