Chapter 9

Karina's view

Days passed by so fast and I realized it's already two months ago when Winter came here in my apartment. By that two months nothing changed to Winter except that she's been so close to Ningning now. Actually they always bond almost everyday for the last month so I rarely see Winter around.

I sigh heavily when I realize something. How come she became that close to Ningning so easy but not on me? Don't get me wrong, I like Ningning because she's such a sweet person but what I don't get is I am living with Winter in one roof but she seems so distant to me until now. We're good but there are still days that Winter will suddenly act cold everytime she's with me and Giselle. I really don't get it, maybe she's still uncomfortable with Giselle because of the last encounter they had.

I flop myself on my bed. My mom called me two nights ago that Winter's parents will come in our house and of course Winter and I are obligated to come. I'm already finished dressing myself but knowing Winter, I'll need to wait for her for another half an hour. I decided to take a short nap while waiting for Winter.

I was awaken by someone shaking my body.

"Karina let's go" I hear the familiar voice speaks.

I tiredly open my eyes to see Winter. She chuckles to me.

"You took so long again" I say before I stand up then check myself in the mirror.

"I thought you're already used to me being late" she says while raising her left eyebrow.

"Seriously? If we're in relationship then you need to change that behavior of yours" I say without thinking. Winter looks at me confused.

"So you're really gay?" she asks in disbelief.

I feel the heat rush on my cheeks. "What?! No! I'm s-straight"

"Oh come on Karina. You just said that if we're in a RELATIONSHIP then I--" she says emphasizing the word "relationship" but I cut her off immediately.

"That's it. I said IF, so it's not true at all" I say trying to act like it's not a big deal but I'm actually praying for Winter to shut her mouth. I hurriedly walk away from her to avoid the topic.

She's saying something but I can't hear it clearly. I hop in inside my car. She continue blabbering about me being a gay but I don't mind her. My eyes are fixated on the road.

How could she say that I'm gay? I've never liked girls before so how could I tell if I'm gay or not? But I haven't like boys either except my first crush during middle school. I just shrug my thought because all I know is I'm straight?

---

After greeting each other and talking about how was our school we all start eating lunch quietly. Winter looks like her mother a lot, she talks that much like my mother too while both of our father are so quiet. They just talk when someone asks a question. I guess opposite really attracts.

I glance at Winter who looks so bored while eating. Since the lunch started, Winter became so quiet too.

"So Winter, me and your father decided that you'll finish your college here in Korea" Mrs.Kim suddenly says. We all look at her.

"What?!"  Winter almost shouts. She looks surprised and annoyed at the same time.

"Dear I graduated here so I assure you that education here is good as in Australia so we decided--"

"Mom no! You promised me that I'll just stay here for a year!" she exclaims.

"Winter lower your voice" her mother warns firmly. Winter just roll her eyes.