Chapter 3

Karina's view

I'm getting my books in my locker when someone taps my shoulder. I turn around to see Giselle grinning at me.

"Good morning Gigi" I greet her and give her my warm smile.

"Good morning to you too" she greets back as she opens her locker.

"How was your weekend with your parent?" she continues.

I sigh as I remember what just happened to my weekend. Since I met Winter yesterday we didn't talk to each other but sometimes I'm glancing at her. I can't help myself but to frown everytime I remember when she took my bedroom. I can't still believe that I'm living with someone as brat as her.

"So eventful" I say lazily.

"Wow that's great. Would you mind to tell me what happened?" I can see in her eyes how excited she is. She's so excited everytime I talk about my family to her. They just met once but they already like each other. My parents treat her like their own too.

I hesitated to tell her about my situation with Winter but ended up telling it because I really need someone to talk to, plus I trust Giselle that much to tell everything about me. I told her starting from Friday night until yesterday. Her reaction is so priceless.

"Wait wait wait... You mean you're living with her in your apartment now?? As in since yesterday?" she asks in disbelieve.

"Yep"

We stare at each other for some seconds then she burst out laughing.

"Hey what's so funny?" I raise my left brow.

"I'm sorry" she apologizes then laughs again.

"I mean we all know that you're not fond of people except me and your family but look at you now. You're living with a brat girl" she continues and laughs again.

I mentally roll my eyes on her. "Giselle I told you about this cause I thought you will sympathize to me but you're just laughing" I say annoyed before I walk out.

She stop laughing then I hear her footsteps running towards me. "Hey Rina wait" she shouts but I ignore her and walk faster.

She suddenly holds my wrist and stop me from walking. "Rina I'm sorry about that. I just want you to smile because you look so awful and now you're grumpy. Did you even sleep last night?"

I don't answer so we stay silence until the bell rings.

"Rina let's talk about this later. Don't worry I won't laugh again. You know I'm your bestfriend and I will always understand your situation so sorry again. Don't be too grumpy in your classes hm?" she says then pecks the top of my head.

She starts to walk to her first class while I'm still standing here watching her disappear in my sight. Maybe I should just distract myself by doing school stuffs and talking to Giselle. I don't know too why I feel so annoyed this morning and I hate this feeling.

---

It's already lunch time and I'm on my way to Giselle's classroom when I receive a message from one of my professors that I need to go to the registrar office. I leave a message to Giselle that I'll come late. I rushly go to the registrar office and knock on the door before I open it and greet the registrar.

"Good noon Ms. Jeon"

"Good noon too Ms. Yoo" she greets back and welcome me with a smile.

"Take a seat" then she offers the vacant seat opposite to her.

Again I feel the same nervousness that I felt last Friday. Not now please. I don't want any bad news for now.

Ms. Jeon get something inside the box then sits again on her swivel chair.

"So I called for you because Mrs. Yoo told me that Ms. Winter Kim is currently living in your apartment, and because you are older than her you will be her temporary guardian for now" my eyes grow wider when she mentioned Winter.

"What? How come did you know Winter??"

"Of course I know her Ms. Yoo because your mother enrolled her here last week"

I literally stop breathing.

'because your mother enrolled her here last week'

'your mother enrolled her here last week'

'enrolled her here last week' I repeatedly hear inside my head.

"Ms. Yoo?" I snap back when Ms. Jeon calls me.

"Yes?" I reply. My mind feels like floating right now.

"Are you okay? You look sick" she says worriedly.

"I-I don't know" my heart still beating so fast.

"Why is there a problem?"

"My mother didn't tell me about this... again" I say the last word in a very low voice.

"Oh... Well now you know" then she gives me a black paper bag.

"W-what's this?" I ask.

"It's uniform. Ms. Kim's uniform" I sigh before I look inside the bag.

"So you can have your lunch now Ms. Yoo. Thank you for coming" I stand up from my seat and turn my back to leave.

"Ah wait Ms. Yoo I forgot to give you this" Ms. Jeon says again and gives me a paper with class schedule.

"Who's class schedule is this?" I ask but then she chuckles.

"For Ms. Kim too"

"Are you sure you're okay Ms. Yoo? You seems like in the other dimension"

"No I'm okay. Just hungry I guess" I lie.

"Oh sorry. You can take your lunch break now"

I just nod before I leave the office.

I suddenly loss all of my remaining strength as I leave the office. I don't know what to feel right now and it's all because of Winter again and my mom. I feel so betrayed. First my mom didn't ask my permission about Winter living with me, and second that brat took my bedroom from me and my mom just tolerate it, then now what? My mom enrolled that freaking brat here without me knowing again and she even made me as her guardian?! Like what the hell is wrong with them? I can't believe this is happening to me.