Chapter 32

Karina's view

Few days have passed since our academic year started. Being in junior year for two weeks now has been hectic for everybody. I can't even have a proper sleep every night because I needed to stay until 2 or 3 in the morning just to finish the given tasks then will wake up few hours after to attend classes. I know this isn't healthy anymore but I can't do anything about it. That's how college life works right? Though I'm starting to hate being adult now.

I'm drowning in my own world since I just finished doing my activity when someone knock on the door. All of our attention divert into her.

"Good morning Mr. Geun"

"Yes?"

"May I excuse Ms. Karina Yoo in your class? The Dean called for a meeting regarding our upcoming foundation day and here's the excuse letter from the Dean"  the student states which makes everyone to look at me. The student then walks towards Mr. Geun to give the letter and they talk for a moment. Why the Dean is calling me for a meeting? And foundation day? I usually don't attend foundation day because I rather spend that free day with my parents or to rest than to socialize with everybody.

The moment Mr. Geun and the student end their conversation, Mr. Geun motions for me to come towards them so I do. He gives me a smile when I reach them before he speaks.

"Ms. Yoo come with her. The Dean wanted you to participate in foundation day so listen to him carefully"  he says so I start to feel anxious. Is he serious? Me joining in foundation day? What will I do in their? Walk then give their visitors water to drink?

I just nod my head before I go back on my seat then sling my bag on my shoulder. The girl leads the way until we reach the Dean's office. I'm surprise when I see five other students inside including Winter and Ningning. They look at me in surprise too as they spot me coming.

"Hey"  I greet Ningning then look over at Winter to give a smile but then she avoids my eyes and look on the floor instead. I don't know what's happening but I took notice that Winter has been strange this past days. I could feel that she's avoiding any long conversation with me but I would occasionally catch her staring at me. I decided not to bother her about it because maybe she's just adjusting until now, especially in this kind of environment where some students would talk about her in the hallway because of the accident and the fight she was involved with before. I just told her that she didn't need to mind them and I think it's working now.

"Omg this is exciting!"  Ningning almost squels.

"Do you have any idea what's going on?"  I ask as I sit besides her.

"I don't but I heard it's about the foundation day"

Our conversation is interrupt when the door flies open and it reveals the person that I haven't talk for a long time now. She seems froze on her place when she meet my eyes and I immediately look away then pretend that I'm talking to Ningning but as if luck is playing with me I hear a footsteps coming. Even though I don't look at my back I know that it's Giselle who sits on my left side. I don't bother to start any conversation at her until the Dean enters the room not long after.

We compose ourselves as the Dean begins the meeting.

"So as y'all know our foundation day will be in two weeks so I thought of a plan to celebrate it"  he pauses then glances over us then continues speaking again.

"Unlike the previous years, this university has been doing the same thing like every courses will compete to a talent show and I'd come to realize that it started some war between courses which I didn't like at all. This time the traditional competition will change a bit..."  when I heard the word talent show my heart starts pounding inside my chest.