Chapter 41

Ningning's view

Today is Saturday and I'm supposedly enjoying it, but sadly my mom and dad aren't here because of some business meeting and Winter went home with Karina this morning so here I am watching television all alone.

I'm scrolling through my feed when an old classmate of mine posted a picture of a night bazaar. It's located nearby and just opened yesterday. I don't think anything bad will happen if I'll try to go alone, right?

It's already quarter to six when I check the time. I turn the television off because I decided to go to that bazaar. I won't let this weekend ends this boring.

After taking a quick shower, I text my mom that I'll be gone for an hour or two then proceed to the bazaar.

The bazaar isn't crowded yet when I arrive. The place looks alive and fun because of the lighting and sounds coming from the different stalls. And now that I am here, let's see what can I be able to buy with my money tonight.

I went from stall to stall. There's a lot of things and different varieties of food that can be seen here. Of course, I bought myself cute things like this frog stuff toy and this boiled corn with an orange sweet soup. It will be better if Winter is here because she's my food buddy but I'm still glad that she's with her family right now.

I stop walking for the moment then take my phone out of my small bag to ask Winter how are they.

I'm typing on my phone when someone bumps into me. It's not that exaggerated but my phone almost slip out of hand, luckily I caught it right in time.

"Geez, I'm sorry-- Ningning?"

"Giselle!"  I exclaim. Why'd we always run at each other at times like this? Just why?

"Oh uh, I didn't know it's you. I'm sorry I wasn't looking at my way"  she apologizes.

"No, it's alright. It's an accident"  I reply shyly. I know that we always see each other in school or because of Karina but I still feel shy around her. Maybe we just need some more time to get along.

"Uh you're alone?"  she asks. Nodding my head, I glance at her. I won't deny it, she looks so cool tonight with her all-black outfit and high ponytail hair.

"So we're both enjoying ourselves alone?"

"If you want we can enjoy this night together"  I say as she gives me a look.

"Since we're already here, why don't we wander around together...? You know just a friendly walk"  I mentally slap myself. This isn't the conversation that I want. A friendly walk? Of course, it's a friendly walk.

"Why not? That sounds nice"  she replies, smiling.

"So let's go?"  she then holds my hand and drags me somewhere.

We went to try every street food and she even paid for us. I guess I have another food buddy.

"I didn't know fish cake tastes great"  I tell her. We are currently sitting on this bench.

"Of course. It's one of my favorite street food"

"If you want we can go here again after our classes"

"Really? You want to go here again with me?"

"Of course. Don't you like it?"

"Oh no that's not what I mean. I'm having so much fun tonight"  I confess.

As we talk, the rain suddenly drops, and out of luck, our clothes ended up soaked with rainwater. I offer her to come over to my place since it's just a walking distance.

"Gosh I'm all wet,"  she says as she squeezes her shirt.

"Here. Change your clothes"  I say, giving my extra shirt.

"Thanks, Ningning"

"No problem. You can change inside my room. It's in the third room on the second floor"

"Okay"  she replies, nodding her head as she understands.

I watch her go upstairs then I look outside the window. The rain is still pouring hard so I don't think Giselle can go home alone.

While watching the rain outside, I hear Giselle's screams inside my room. I hurriedly run upstairs and there I see her standing in the corner, scared.

"What happened? Are you okay?"  I ask panicking.

"T-there's a lizard"  she points out the wall. I look up at it and see my baby.

"Oh no she's my pet"  I walk towards the creature then put her in my hand carefully.

"Sorry if she scared you. She's Lindsay, my baby pet. She's a Leopard Gecko"

"S-she's your pet?"  Giselle asks.

"Yep"

"I can't believe this. You, Ning Yizhuo is petting a reptile"  she says chuckling.

"Hey don't laugh at me like that. She's still a pet for me"  I say.

"Okay fine, sorry. It's just it's my first time meeting a person who loves reptiles"

"Yeah. Anyway, the rain is pouring harder. Do you think you can go home tonight?"

"Actually, I told my mom that I'm with Karina right now so she texted me to stay over at Karina's tonight because of the rain"  she says shyly.

"So you lied to your parents?"  I ask, giving her a look.

"Not really. I planned on going to Karina but unfortunately, she wasn't there and when I opened my messages it was too late. She texted me this morning that she'll be going home with Winter so instead of going home I thought of visiting the night bazaar"

"Oh yeah, I understand"  I reply before we fall into an awkward silence.

"But uh if you want you can stay here tonight"  I offer. She glances up at me with a surprised look.

"Ah no. I think it's too much if I stay here tonight"

"No it's not too much Giselle, plus I don't think mom and dad will be able to arrive tonight since it's raining so stay.... Please"  I anticipate her answer, praying that she will say yes.

"Uhm okay"

"Oh my gosh! Thank you, Giselle!"  I exclaim then I run towards her out of excitement. I hug her before I could stop myself but I quickly break the hug.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do it"  I look at her carefully and she's just laughing.

"You looks so cute when you're excited huh"  I blush at her compliment.

"Shut up! I'm not excited"  I say.

"Oh I guess you're not"  she says in a mocking voice.

"You know what? Let's just watch a movie"  I suggest then walk outside.

"Alright. As you say miss"  I can't help myself to smile. I thought I'll never have my chance to converse with her like this because duh she looks like a badass but I guess I was wrong. She's a soft person though.

~
A NingSelle moment since it's Ningning's day and Giselle's will be in a few days! Enjoy reading!