Chapter 29

Ningning's view

The cold breeze of February immediately touches my exposed skin as I step out of our family's car. I then look up at the arch above me, Aeyeong University is written in bold on the middle. Even though it's still cold outside, beads of sweat is forming out of my nervousness.

"You can do it Yizhuo!"  I try to cheer up myself but my heart still beats so fast. Today, I'll apply here in the university where Karina is attending. This day isn't the normal day where a high school student will apply for a college but rather it feels like I'm about to go to a war because this university will be my last chance. I wish they still have a slot for me or else I'll be forced to apply in other universities which is 6 hours away from here so that will requires me to rent an apartment like Karina but I'm not yet ready for things like that. I don't like the idea of separating from my parents, at least not for now.

I don't waste anytime so I find the registrar's office right away. I don't have a hard time on finding it since I asked the guard before I enter here. Once I reach the office, I heave a sigh. Praying that today will be one of my lucky day.

I knock thrice before I open the door. I'm such a nervous wreck at this very moment.

"Good morning Ma'am"  I greet as I see the registrar in her swivel chair. She let out a smile that makes me calm for the moment.

"Good morning miss. How may I help you?"  she asks in a soft voice.

"I uh I'm Ning Yizhuo and I sent an admission application here last month. I'll just inquire if my application is qualify?"  I ask politely.

"Oh yeah you're Ms. Ning, the Chinese student. Yeah I already read your application and..."  by that we continue discussing about it.

Almost an hour has been passed when me and Ms. Jeon finished talking.

"Alright then. See you next month Ms. Ning?"  she tells to me.

"Yep. Thank you so much Ms. Jeon"  I say before I bid my good bye to her. I grin as I fully get out of the room because guess what? After months of finding a university to attend, my application finally got accepted here! Though it's not yet final because I still need to give them some requirements and take the entrance exam next week but still this is one of my luckiest day indeed.

In my excitement I immediately look for a comfort room to call Winter about this.

When I find it, I enter inside in excitement. I can't believe I made it!

---

Narrator's view

Ningning quickly takes out her phone out of her lady's bag as soon as she enters the comfort room then dials her best friend's number.

"Hello Ningning?"  the older asks in the other line.

"Guess what?"  she responds, trying to lower her voice in case there are other people inside the cubicles.

"Uhm you buy a sandwich in Inkigayo's?"  the older guesses that makes Ningning chuckles.

"Of course not"

"Then what?"

"My admission application just accepted by the university you've been attended last year! I can't believe this after all those months!"  Ningning says in complete feast but the older girl just falls into silence and Ningning quickly knows the reason why.

"Hey are you fine?"  she asks worriedly.

"Sorry Ningning. It's just I feel so lonely here then now I can't be able to join you in there. If that accident didn't happen then I'll definitely attending school with you but I'm still happy that you got the chance to attend there. You can be with Karina during free time"  the older states, the sadness in her voice is evident.

"I know. Don't worry I'll keep on praying for your full recovery so you can attend school again with us next next school year"  Ningning motivates to her. Although she's not in Winter's situation she can understand her best friend's feeling and even her suddenly feel sad about that fact. All she can do for now is to pray for Winter and keep their communication so that she won't feel alone even though they're far from each other.

Out of the blue a soft sobs is heard by Ningning. She stops talking in her phone for a while to listen to the sobs and it's coming from the very last cubicle. Ningning's heart starts stomping inside her chest because she thinks that it's a crying ghost or whatever elemental creature is that.

"I-I'll call you later"  she ends the call in a hurry and don't even wait for Winter to answer. Her lips is getting paled in fear. Instead of running outside, her curiosity makes her step forward in the cubicle's direction. Her heart is going crazy in every steps she makes.

She's in her halfway through the cubicle when its door flies out and a fair skin girl with long blonde messy hair comes out. Her eyes has black stains which in fact is a mascara that probably scattered because of her tears. They both look at each other in total shock until Ningning starts screaming.

"AAAAAAAAAAA!"  she screams at the top of her lungs.

"What the hell?! Stop shouting!"  the other girl shouts back at Ningning but the latter doesn't listen to her.

The student who just had her crying session is actually Giselle. She can't think clearly because of so much panic so she pulls Ningning into her and covered the younger's mouth.

"Geez I said stop shouting!"  she spat in the younger's face for the second time. Ningning looks at her eyes and there she realizes that she's not a ghost or whatever she thought Giselle is. She eventually stops shouting and tries to calm her breathing, still staring at Giselle's eyes.

When Giselle feels the awkward moment she fastly get out her hand to Ningning's mouth and let go of her. They stand there in awkward silence until Ningning breaks the ice.

"I'm sorry I thought you were a ghost"  she says shyly. As usual, red tint appears in both of her cheeks.

"Seriously? You still believe in ghost? C'mon we're already in 21st century"  Giselle jokingly says but Ningning doesn't answer nor give her a glance. The younger thinks that Giselle is mad at her for thinking that she was a ghost and she shouted like crazy which is not.

"You know what I'll just go"  Giselle says then she is about to go when the younger halts her.

"Wait... Your eyes have stains"  she blurts out.

"Really?"  then she looks at herself in the big mirror besides her.

"Oh fudge I forgot that I put on a mascara"  she says, most likely to herself. She then peeks at Ningning using the mirror's reflection.

"Do you have any wet wipes with you?"

"Yeah here"  the younger replies then get her wet wipes and give it to Giselle. She just watch the older wipes the black stain on her eyes and cheeks. Ningning wants to ask her why did she cried but then she thinks it's not right to pry to someone's personal life especially when you met her just now.

Later on, Giselle finally erased the stains out if her face and that's when Ningning has her chance to take in the older's beauty.

"So I'll get going. Thanks for the wet wipes"  Giselle says before she heads out, leaving the younger in awe. Giselle didn't even let her say anything before she goes and Ningning kinda feels disappointed about it.

~
(A/n: So finally NingSelle met but I don't know if I gave the right justice for their first meeting. Btw, we got 6k+ reads just today! Thank you and ilysm guys!)