Chapter 16

Winter's view

"Uh Winter can you please help me change the curtains?"  I snap back from my gawk when Ningning speaks. I just sent my message, probably my last message to Karina to let her know that I'm so sorry.

"Yeah of course"  I say then stand up from the couch.

After what happened yesterday I'm so thankful to Ningning for letting me stay here in their house, not only for this weekend but until I can find a roof to stay. Mr. and Mrs. Ning are such a great persons like Ningning for me to offer a big help.

Anyways, I decided to send some people to clean the mess that I've made last Friday to Karina's apartment yesterday but I didn't get my things that I left because I don't want to see her for now. I realized that I shouldn't blame this all to myself because in the first place Karina didn't even let me explain my side, which she already did before.

"Winter please give the last curtain to me"  Ningning says. She's the one who climbed to the chair to change it while I'm the one who's supporting her chair.

I bend down to get the green curtain that compliments their dirty white wall then give it to Ningning.

"Thanks"  she says as she reaches for it. She positions herself to reach the curtain rod but she can't.

"I think you need to tiptoe a bit to reach for it"  I suggest.

"Yeah I think, that's why I hate being small"  then we both chuckle.

She starts doing what I've said then I see her reach the end part of the rod. She successfully insert the end part of the curtain on the rod but it just makes her to lose balance.

"Ningning!"  I shouted before we both fall on the floor, luckily there's a thick carpet on it that's why we don't feel the impact that much.

"Are you okay?"  I ask to her worriedly.

"Yeah I think so"  she replies then our eyes accidentally meet. Without knowing we already staring at each other's eyes like we're reading our minds. We stayed like that for some seconds until I realize that we're on an awkward position. My back is laying on the carpet while she's on top of me. I immediately look away in embarrassment then clear my throat.

"Oh sorry"  Ningning says but I notice that she's blushing again. A memory of how we met on that bridge suddenly flashes.

"You're still the blushing girl on the bridge"  I piss her off.

"Shut up"  she blurts out as she stands up then throws a death glare at me. I let out a small chuckle because of her cuteness.

Then out of nowhere I feel like someone is watching us so I roam my eyes to look if somebody else is around but I see no one, except me and Ningning.

Ningning likely notice my uneasiness so she asks, "Hey are you fine? I'm sorry I'm just joking"

"I don't know. I suddenly felt like someone is watching us but maybe it's just me and my paranoia"  I say, trying to lessen the weird feeling.

"Really?"  then she looks around, she furrows her brows inquiring.

"That's weird"  she adds up.

"Yeah maybe it's because of too much stress"  I let out a timid smile.

"Winter I think it's better if you rest for now, you probably need it. You can't force yourself to feel okay because you'll just make your feelings worse"  her face looks so worried so I take that as a cue to agree.