Chapter 15

Karina's view

I didn't waste my time. I immediately woke Giselle up then we both took a quick shower. I tried my best to calm down myself since last night but it's futile. I can still feel that something is wrong until now but I hope it's not Winter or my family because that will be my greatest fall down.

My anxiety is rising as we drive through my apartment. I even had a nightmare last night that made my worries rose. What I remember to my dream is that I saw Winter wearing a white dress. She was running away from me so I did my best to reach her hands to stop her but something horrible happened. She stopped from running then faced me and I saw her crying but it wasn't a normal tear, it was a blood. She was crying a blood. I stared at her, my body was shaking until her body slowly dispersed in the air like a sand.

"Rina just calm down for now. Panicking will just worsen your worries"  Giselle interrupts me from my thought. I know that she's worrying to me too but I can't help it.

"Don't worry I'm fine now"  I lie and give her a small smile but she seems unconvince but I'm glad she just let it out. I'm not in my mood to talk.

Not long after I pulled out on my usual spot in the apartment's parking lot then hurriedly go on the last floor.

I press my doorbell for many times but still Winter isn't opening my door. My heart starts pounding like crazy.

"I swear I'll rip your head out of you if you don't open this Winter Kim!"  I shout impatiently.

"Ssshhh Rina lower your voice. Do you want the securities to drag us out in your own apartment?"  Giselle stops me but I ignore her and press my doorbell again but this time I hear the door clicking, meaning Winter is now opening the door. My anger slows down a bit just to see an unfamiliar boy.

"Who are you?"

---

Winter's view

I wake up by the sound of the doorbell. What's their problem?! It's too early for this!

I open my eyes and a light from the outside meets my eyes. I prop my elbow to sit properly but my head hurts suddenly. I groan in annoyance, it's just so nice to be greeted by a hangover.

I hear the doorbell rings again. I look for my phone to check the time and it's 7:42 in the morning only. Who's in the right mind that will deliver a package this early?

I try to stand up but that only makes my head hurts more. Then I hear a noise downstair. Who's that? The last thing that I can remember is Karina left me alone because she was having her sleepover to Giselle's house so who's that?

"Wait-- no it can't be"  I mumble to myself. I ignore my headache and hurriedly go downstairs.

Fudge what happened here?

Empty bottles and junk food are scattered around. A shirts is hanging on the television and the floor are full of passed out students including Ryujin who's sleeping above the dining table. What did I miss last night?

"Get out or I'll call the securities!"  I suddenly hear a voice that I haven't heard since Thursday.

"What the heck is she doing here?! I thought she'll stay to Giselle's until Sunday?"  I hurriedly run over to the doorway but I haven't reach it yet when Karina comes into my view, Giselle is behind her. Her eyes are already on fire. Her fists were formed in a ball, ready to throw hands.

"Karina l-let me explain"  I stutter. My knees starting to become jelly.

I gulp when she walks towards me so I close my eyes, preparing myself for her slap or punch or whatever but I don't feel any pain on my body. When I open my eyes she already passed by me.

She walk upstairs in fury. Me and Giselle just watch her in awe.

"Winter be ready"  Giselle blurts out. I glance at her and her face is already pale.

"Should I run or what?"

"What do you think should you do when Karina is holding a baseball bat?"  she says, her eyes are still on the stair. Where in hell did she got that??

I follow her gaze just to see Karina going downstairs while holding a baseball bat. My eyes grow wide in shock.

"Karina what are you going to do?"  I ask.

Without saying a word, she goes in the living room then her next action makes my heart stop beating.

She hit the small table in the middle. It splits into half.

"Karina stop that!"  Giselle shouts panicking.

Students who attended my party last night wakes up in fear.

"GET. OUT. OF. MY. APARTMENT. NOW!"  she shouts in so much anger. They all start running outside the apartment, one of them even trip in hurry.

Within a minute or two they all left, leaving the three us in silence. We all just waiting for one of us to speak until Karina trudge through my direction. Her eyes are throwing daggers into my soul.

I flinch backward until my back hits the cold wall.

"Karina I-I'm very sorry"  I manage to get it out of my mouth even though my lips is shivering.

She continues to walk towards me until her face is just two inches away from me. I hold on my breath because it's my first time getting so near to Karina like this.

Her eyes glued to mine. I try to read her through her eyes but I can't recognize that looks of her. It's not an anger or disappoinment. I just don't know what exactly it is.

"I want you to get out of my life. I'm giving you this day to pack all of your things and make sure that you won't leave any trace of you here in my apartment. Not even a single mess."  she spat on my face before she drags Giselle with her outside.

This time my knees totally feel so weak. I fall on the floor and I feel like Karina just dug a big hole in my chest. Without knowing I feel a hot liquid flooding on my cheeks nonstop.

"No Winter stop crying! You gave so much problem to Karina so you deserve that!"  I shout on myself while wiping my tears harshly.

I need to get out of here now. This apartment became not only my house but my home for 3 months but why does it feels so suffocating here right now?

Even though I can't keep my balance I still manage to go over my room or should I say Karina's room who I stole on my very first day. I immediately look for my phone then dial my mother's number.

"Your call has been forwarded to an automatic voice message. The number you are dialling is not available at the moment. At the tone--"  I immediately end the call.

I laugh humorlessly. It's not a new thing for me to meet by a voice message everytime I contact my parents so what am I expecting now? They didn't even greet me on my birthday.

I didn't think twice. I hurriedly get some of my clothes, including my school uniform and my wallet then put it inside my duffel bag. I don't have a plan on bringing some of my things. Maybe I'll just pay someone to pick it up tomorrow or within this week.

After packing my clothes I leave the apartment without glancing on it. I grab a taxi and hope in inside without even thinking. I don't have any idea on what will happen in coming days. All I want for now is to be alone and think to where I'll stay for this night.

~
(A/N: I'm so glad knowing that this book is getting more readers this past few days but please be patience for my updates. It's not easy for me to update in everyday because I'm kinda busy on my personal life too but still thank you so much.)