Chapter 5

Karina's view

"Winter make it fast!" I shout.

"Can't you fucking wait?!"

"It's your first day of school yet we're already late!" I shout again feeling my palm getting sweaty. It's usual for my palms to get sweat when I feel so nervous. It's my first time to come at school so late and it's because of no other than Winter!

She hurriedly open the door and there she comes out with her messy uniform. I sigh in disappoinment when I see her. I gave her 2 hours to prepare herself for school yet she's here, can't even wear her uniform properly.

"Where's your tie?" I ask but she just shrug so I enter my room to find it. She can't go to university without complete uniform. She looks so messy.

"Wear this" I say.

"No way. I won't wear that thing" she says stubbornly.

"But why?!" I ask in frustration. Oh God can't I have an extra day without this creature? Just a whole day?

"Because I-I don't know how to" her cheeks blush like a red tomato.

"Seriously? You're already 18 but can't wear a tie?" I ask as I raise my brow at her.

"You know what? You can't force me to make something that I can't so let's just go now" she answers and about to walk away but I pull her wrist to stop her.

"What?!" she looks at me annoyed.

"And you can't just avoid something because you can't do it. You can learn everything Winter so that's not an excuse" I say then turn her body to me. I want to laugh at her because I can feel her tense on my action but I decide not to, I might annoy her more and we don't have any time to argue because we're late.

"W-what are you doing?" she says stuttering.

"I'll teach you how to do it so just stop moving and listen carefully" I say gently but in an authoritative tone and good thing she doesn't protest anymore.

I start to do her tie and she seems like listening to me well. If she will listen to me like this everytime then probably I can help her to move on. It's not that I want to replace her bestfriend, but it's already been a year. She shouldn't drown herself because of that, she has her own life too and probably her bestfriend doesn't like what she's doing too.

I shrug my thought when I notice that we're just standing there awkwardly.

"Let's go" I lastly say before I walk pass her with my bag.

She follows me until the building's parking lot and we both get in inside my car. There's no way that we can still catch up in our first subject because we're already late for more than half an hour.

I sigh as I imagine getting scold by my professor and by Giselle of course. She knew that I never been late in school nor in any events. I always come 30 minutes earlier than the given time so for sure she's worrying as hell right now. I feel guilty too because I didn't have my chance to leave her a message.

I look at Winter using my rear view mirror. She's just there staring blankly outside the window. Maybe she's just nervous because it's her first day of school.

After some minutes of silent ride, I pull out at the university's parking lot. The gate is already close meaning all students are already inside.

"What class are you again?" I ask Winter who looks so bored behind me and she just shrug at me. I grab her class schedule in her hand. Luckily her room is in second floor while mine is on the third floor. She's also taking Business Management like me but she's a freshman while I'm a sophomore.