Chapter 36

Karina's view

Tomorrow morning comes by and almost all of my colleagues topic are about the foundation day yesterday. I guess Winter and Ningning gain more popularity after they won the contest and I'm so happy for them.

"Let's go now?"  Giselle says so I nod my head a yes. We trudge our way through the cafeteria to take our lunch and while on our way someone calls us.

"Ms. Karina and Ms. Giselle!"  we both look at her direction and based on her I. D. she's a freshman. When we meet her eyes she excitingly goes to us, smiling from ear to ear.

"Hello I'm Nam Seulgi from freshman year! Can I uh take some photos and an autograph from the both of you?"  she says confidently and I'm more than surprised about it.

"Woah why? We're not a celebrity though"  Giselle blurts out as she chuckles.

"Yeah I know but the talent you two have screams like a real idol!"  she squels like a fan girl. I can't help but to giggle at her reaction.

"So can I take a photo and an autograph now please?"  she says then gives us a puppy eyes.

"Aww you're so cute kid"  Giselle compliments her and she just smiles.

"Okay fine you'll get some photos and an autograph from us but please don't consider us like some sort of celebrity or what. Each person has a talent, it's just we got our chance to show it to other people yesterday. I bet you will too someday"  I say to her.

"Okay Ms. Karina thank you so much"  by that we take some photos and sign her shirt. She leave us with a smile on her face as my heart feels warm inside. It's so overwhelming to hear that people admire us like this.

We continue making our way to the cafeteria as some people greet us. We smile at them and greet them back politely.

Giselle leave me in our usual seat once we enter the cafeteria and I let her buy our lunch for today. The cafeteria is almost fill with students when we enter so we're still lucky that our table is still available. While waiting for Giselle to comes back I decide to open my social media. I can't help myself but to let out a smile cause my timeline are full of greetings and some even take photos of me and Giselle.

"Omg WinNing are here!"  I overhear the students in the other table so I lift my head up and trace who are they looking at. I spot Winter and Ningning laughing together as they enter the cafeteria and almost all of the students inside are watching them walk. So they call them WinNing now? Wow that's cute cause they also won the contest.

Ningning roam her eyes around and I assume that she's looking for a table to seat on so without thinking I wave my hand at them to gain their attention. Ningning immediately sees me so she nudges Winter then points at me but when Winter sees me they seem like arguing. They eventually stop and by the reaction of Winter she doesn't like the idea of them sharing a table with us.

"Are you two okay?"  I ask as soon as they reach our table. I look at Ningning who's smiling then to Winter who looks uninterested as usual.

"Of course. We're just uh arguing what food to eat right Winter?"  Ningning asks as she looks at Winter or more likely glares at her. Winter nods her head but obviously it's a force one.

"Are you eating alone today?"  Ningning questions that makes me look at her.

"Ah nope. I'm with Giselle, she's in the lane"  and as soon as I mention her, Giselle comes back with a tray of food.

"Hey"  we all look at her.

"Oh here she is"  I say as I help her.

"Uh Winter and Ningning will share table with us. Is it fine with you?"  I ask her in a low voice so the two won't hear me.

"Of course Rina"  she replies and I smile.

"So I'm going to buy our food now. Behave here Winter okay?"  Ningning says in a threatening tone and I accidentally giggle. Winter look at me with a questioning look so I mouth out a "sorry" to her.

Once Ningning moves her feet going to the lane the atmosphere becomes awkward suddenly. Winter is busy watching people go and get inside the cafeteria. Giselle nudges me so my attention diverts into her. She points out Winter using her eyes and I give her a confuse look. She leans closer to my ear and whispers, "Are you not going to talk with her?"

I look at her in disapproving look, "Talk what?"

"I don't know maybe you can ask how's her day or what"  I glance back at Winter but I catch her throwing daggers at us. She immediately roll her eyes and focus on the other thing. I just shake my head in her weirdness.

"Okay guys let's eat now"  Ningning declares as soon as she sits on her chair. I'm sitting besides Giselle while Winter and Ningning are on the opposite side, facing us. All is well when we start eating but I usually catch Winter glaring at Giselle which makes me uncomfortable. She seems like getting back on her old self now but I can't complain if that's the case. I don't want to cause any problem again for messing up with her. If she doesn't want to give us nice treatment then I'll just shrug it off.

After eating, we part our ways. Me with Giselle and of course Winter with Ningning. I don't speak any words for the whole time, afraid to say unnecessary word again that can cause trouble.

"See you later"  Giselle says after we said our goodbyes.

"See yah"  I say nonchalantly then wait for her to walk through their building. I heave a heavy sigh as she disappears in my sight. I can't get off my mind about my friendship with Winter. She would act like we're fine and sometimes clingy to me then the next month will act differently again. At this very moment I don't even know what she really needs, if she still wants me around her or me to stay away again? This whole situation is another story again.

---

Winter's view

I gawk through the wall, thinking what's happening to me. Guilty is what I'm currently feeling right now. Guilty about the fact that I'm acting different to Karina lately but I can't stop myself from doing so. I can really feel that they keeping something from me.

Suddenly, my head hurts. It isn't the type of ordinary headache but it feels like my head is breaking into half.

"Argh!"  I groan in pain as I hold my head. I try to walk to get a pain killer but I'm having a hard time to balance myself and it just worsen the pain as I move. I stop in my track and hold onto the chair for support when something unusual happen. An image of a girl flashes into my memory. At this moment I don't know who she is but I feel like I already know her. The girl is about my age and has a short hair but I can't still remember who she is.

 The girl is about my age and has a short hair but I can't still remember who she is

(Aika Walker)

The episode lasts for two minutes until I feel so groggy. My vision becomes blurry. I walk further to lay on my bed but I haven't reach my bed when the blurriness of my sight becomes dark. The last thing I hear is a loud thud on my room's floor.

"Winter are you alright?"  I lastly hear Ningning's voice and footsteps coming from afar before I pass out.

~
(A/n: So I decided to use her as Aika's portrayer. She's cute though 👀 Anyways happy 18k reads and 1.1k votes on this book! Thank you so much guys 🥺)

Ps. Happy Independence Day Filo fans! 🇵🇭