Chapter 46

Karina's view

The days just seem to roll by faster and faster lately. I can't believe that it's already half of the year. Likewise, next month will be a year ago since Winter had an accident.

I stop on reading my book when someone kissed my left cheek. When I look up I see Winter standing with a smile on her face.

We've been hanging out recently but to make it clear we're not dating. Yes, we're eating together and sometimes showing affection to each other like holding hands and kissing yet I can't say that's dating. We're just hanging out as a friend.

Personally speaking, dating or having a romantic relationship with someone comes with great responsibility, so maybe it's good for the both of us to stay this way. Furthermore, I don't think that we're ready to level up our relationship this early. It's not nice to announce that we're already in a relationship all of the sudden, especially with our parents and friends. I also worry that Winter's parents won't agree with us to have a romantic relationship knowing that I was the responsible one for Winter's accident. Perhaps, it's reasonable to stay as a friend for now.

"Good morning"  she greets as she sits on my front.

"Morning Winter. What are you doing here?"

"Nothing. I just want to see you"  she replies which makes my cheeks feel burning. How can she say things like that in public? Gosh, Winter.

I quickly divert my attention back to my book and try to ignore what she said. I keep reading the next paragraph but it's useless. I can't understand it, not even a single word.

"Karina look! There's a new coffee shop near your apartment. Do you think we can try it?"  she inquires as she shows me a familiar picture.

A new coffee shop? I think that's the new shop named Neo's Coffee-- what?? I can't remember the exact name.

"Of course we can try it"

"Really? When??"  she asks, excitingly.

"Maybe tomorrow morning since our first class starts at 8. We can drop by there for a while"

"Really?? Thank you Karina!"  she screams excitingly.

"Sssshhhh keep quiet!"  the librarian appears out of nowhere while Winter is hiding her face in embarrassment. I can't help but laugh at her

-

I'm waiting for Winter here outside the building because we're going to that coffee shop today as I promised. I'm not a fan of coffee but I wonder what their coffee tastes like.

After some minutes of waiting, Winter finally arrives.

"Sorry for waiting. Ningning bombarded me with questions so I need to make many excuses before she let me go"  she explains while panting. I know it's not right to laugh but I did, anyway. I can't imagine how chaotic they were this early.

"It's fine. Let's just go now"  I say then drags her to the sidewalk.

The five-minute walk doesn't seem boring with Winter. I didn't realize that Winter has this side where she can make a conversation enjoying not until now. I suddenly remember how we bickered almost every minute when she was still living with me. Winter is surely a different person now and I guess I'm slowly feeling something deeper towards her now.

The aroma of freshly brewed coffee instantly fills in my nose as we enter the shop. We haven't ordered anything yet I'm starting to like this place, it looks so pleasing.

I quickly look for a vacant seat and my eyes land on the table next to the window, where you can see people passing by.

"How could they design this shop like Victorian?? It looks so cool"  she compliments amazingly.

"Yeah I like this place"

"So let's sit now"  I answer then get her hand. I'm about to walk but she halts me.

"Wait, I think I need to pee"  she says.

"Okay"  I reply then let go of her hand. I watch her get inside the comfort room.

I decided to get on our seat first to wait while waiting for her when a lad approaches me.

"Good morning ma'am. Welcome to Neo's Coffee In love! A coffee shop where you can find your true love! May I take your order now?"  he says bubbly. He has these smiling eyes when he smiles and when I glanced at his nameplate it reads Jeno Lee.

"Uhm I'll order later. I'm still waiting for my--"  I stop speaking. My what? What should I say? My friend? My very special friend? Or my special someone?

I look back at him and he's waiting for my next word.

"My uhm someone that--"  I didn't have my chance to continue what I'm supposed to say when he cuts my words.

"You don't need to say it. I understand. Is that the girl wearing the same uniform as you?"  he inquires that surprise me.

"Yup"  I answer awkwardly then he nods as he understands.

"Alright, then. If you need anything just press this mini button and I'll come right away, ma'am"

"Okay, thanks"  I say then he starts walking away after. How did he know what I'm trying to imply? Am I too obvious??

When he finally disappears, I remember Winter. I glance over at my phone's screen to check the time and it shows 7:09.

I knit my brows in confusion. Winter has been in the comfort room for too long now. What is she doing there??

I sigh as I stand up. Seriously Winter? You made me wait for you before we went here and now you're making me wait again?

I trudge my way through the comfort room. It seems so quiet inside and suddenly my heart starts skipping so fast. Okay, what's wrong?

"Winter are you there?"  I ask while knocking but there's no response inside.

"Winter? Is everything alright?"  I ask again, worried.

"Fine. I'll open this now"  I say then open the door forcefully. I really don't feel good right now.

It was hard to open it at first so I put more force into it. Praying that this is just one of her pranks.

I feel relieved when I heard the doorknob click. I quickly get inside and my body feels stoned when I see Winter, lying on the floor unconscious.

"Oh my gosh! Winter!"  I shout then move to help her.

"Winter wake up"  I mumbled weakly. My hands are trembling so bad.

"Winter please"  I try again as I shake her shoulder but it's useless.

"Help! I need help here!"  I scream as my tears threaten to fall.

Some people hear me so they fastly help Winter. The waiter named Jeno is the one who lifts her from the ground.

"Please someone calls an ambulance!"  he directs.

I can't think of anything else besides Winter. I don't know what happened to her. She just excuse herself to use the comfort room then now she's unconscious.

I get my phone inside my pocket and the first person that comes to my mind is Ningning. I dial her number and luckily she answers it right away.

"Hello Karina"

"Ningning I need you here. Something happened to Winter"

~
(A/n: THREE MORE CHAPTERS BEFORE THE EPILOGUE SO PLEASE HAVE MORE PATIENCE)