Chapter 14

Winter's view

Friday morning, I wake up from my 3 hours sleep. Karina's words are still lingering through my mind for the whole day and before I go to sleep. I couldn't help myself but to think that maybe she was right. I haven't do anything right since Aika died. Maybe they were right about me being selfish, that I didn't really care about how anyone felt.

I trudge through the bathroom then turn on the shower. I let the water flows down on my body, expecting that it would help me to take away my worries.

After showering, I look at my phone to check what time is it and it's 5:15 in the morning only. I still have more than an hour before school starts.

I put on my uniform then sit on my bedside to have my morning gawk. I come to realize that today is my birthday but here I am contemplating if I should go to school for today or just go somewhere else. (A/N: Sorry I need to change her birthday to fit in the flow of the story) Usually, some people will wake up with birthday surprises but not on my case. I'm used to ignore my birthdays since my high school days. Both of my parents are always on their business trip that sometimes I think they already forgot that they still have me. Back then it was always Aika who remembered my birthdays and gave effort to celebrate it. I shed a tear, reminiscing my last celebration with her.

After some minutes of having my dramatic morning I decided to go to school this early. I don't want to see Karina for now because I still feel hurt on her words even though I know to myself that it's all true.

It's still quiet when I come out of my room, meaning Karina is still in her slumber. I don't have any plans on waking up on her though so I hurriedly go out of her apartment before she catch me.

---

Time passed by so fast and now I'm currently working my activity for my last subject. I didn't see Karina for the whole day that favors with me. It's not like I will come to her and say, "Hey Karina do you still remember Monday morning when I invited you for dinner? It's actually because today is my birthday" because it will be a stupid act if I do.

I look at my phone and it's 3:53 in the afternoon meaning we still have 7 minutes before our class ends. I go back doing my activity when my teacher speaks.

"Oh class I forgot to tell you"  we all stop on what we're doing to look at her.

"Today is Winter Kim's birthday so let's all sing her a happy birthday"  I'm surprise by the sudden announcement. Oh shoot I thought my day will just finish by me sulking all day.

They start singing happy birthday to me, including our teacher. Some are beatboxing and some boys are rapping. I don't even realize that I'm already laughing at them. At least my classmates aren't that bad when it come to this.

After that, the bell rings so our last subject teacher dismiss us and quickly get out. I thought I can peacefully go home this afternoon but then I remember that Karina will sleep in Giselle's so I will be alone for 3 nights.

I'm about to leave our room when my colleagues start chanting. "Party! Party! Party!"

One of them, a girl named Ryujin approaches me and asks. "So are you going to have a birthday party tonight because we're all in right?"  then the whole class gone wild.

What? I didn't even plan on saying them that it's my birthday then they expecting me to throw a party?

The whole class is so noisy that it makes me cover my ears. I don't know what comes to my mind when I speak. "Okay fine"  and they all rejoice.

What the heck?! No! Why did I say okay to them?!

"So what time it will start?"  Ryujin asks for the second time excitingly. I'm thinking of getting back my words and say that it's not what I mean but then again another stupid thing comes out of my mouth.