Chapter 49

Karina's view

"Rina, please. Just try to eat this"  Giselle says as she offers the bowl of soup that she's holding.

I heave a sigh before I turn my body in the opposite direction of my bed.

"Thanks, Gigi but I'm not hungry" I  say indisposed.

"How could you say that you're not hungry? You haven't even eaten since this morning"  she says but I ignore her. I don't like to eat, that's it.

"I do understand you Karina but it's not right to be like this. C'mon, it's been a week"  she tells me which triggers my tears to fall simultaneously. I can't help but remember every word Winter has said.

*flashback*

It's been five days since we stayed here in the hospital yet Winter had no sign of waking up. As time went on I became more and more worried about what was happening. The doctor said that the test was clear so we didn't have to worry about anything but this wasn't surely good. Five days of sleeping? What kind of person would sleep that long??

"Winter I hope you're resting well"  I said then leaned closer to plant a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm wondering what we're doing now if you're already awake? Maybe we're playing in an arcade with Giselle and Ningning"  I told her then chuckled.

"So please wake up soon okay? We miss you so much"  I whispered as my tear was on verge of falling. I didn't know how many times this week did I cry.

Unexpectedly, while telling her how were my classes went yesterday my eyes widened in surprise when I heard her whimper.

"Oh my Gosh! Winter??"  I tried calling her cause I thought I was just imagining things, but then she let out a sound again. I was indeed right so my heart almost stopped beating in so much excitement.

"Nurse! Doc! Mrs. Kim!"  I shouted for help as I quickly ran outside the room. There, I saw Mrs. Kim standing outside as she talked with the doctor.

"Oh Karina--"

"She's awake!"  I exclaimed. The doctor and a nurse hurriedly went inside while we left outside. My heart was racing so fast inside my chest.

When I glanced over at Mrs. Kim, she was pacing back and forth. I hope Winter would be fine after this. I couldn't stand seeing Winter like this anymore.

We waited for about 15 minutes before the doctor appeared.

"Doc how's my daughter??"  Mrs. Kim asked anxiously.

The doctor then smiled at us and that means a lot to me.

"She's awake now. Go, talk with her"  he announced and I was more than excited to see her. After we said our thank you to the doctor we immediately went to Winter.

She abruptly noticed our presence once we entered.

"M-mom..."  she muttered.

"You're really awake"  her mother mumbled then ran toward her. She embraced her daughter like she didn't want to let go.

"Thanks God"

I couldn't help but smile at the scene. It felt so good to see them like that.

As if Winter hinted that I was there also, she looked over at me.

"What are you doing here?"  she said. Was it just me or did she really sounds irritated? I thought

"Of course to take care of you"  I answered, trying to shake off what I was thinking.

"Woah Karina did I hear you right? You want to take care of me??"  she told me as she chuckled sarcastically.

"Yes"

"And who told you that I need your care?"  she said and I felt kinda hurt.

"Winter what are you saying? Karina was the one who brought you here. She helps you baby so stop saying things like that"  her mother tried to restrain her.

"Really? You brought me here? Why? Was that because you feel guilty about what you did to me??"  she asked in fury.

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "I don't know what are you talking about Winter. I didn't do anything"

I looked at Mrs. Kim and like me, confusion is written all over her face.

"Baby stop that, it's not right to--"

"No mom! You don't know what she did to me!"  and by that moment I realized that Winter was indeed mad at me even though I didn't know where was she coming from.

"You. Can you please stop acting like you truly care for me and please... Get out of here!"  she shouted, particularly at me.

I froze. I couldn't process what she just said.

I just went back on my senses when Mrs. Kim caressed my back. Mrs. Kim couldn't make her daughter calm so she sought help to the doctor and now she was sleeping peacefully again.

"I'm very sorry about that Karina. Maybe she was just confused"  she said, trying to comfort me.

I wanted to speak but I could barely open my mouth. I was too distraught about what happened.

*end of flashback*

After that, Mrs. Kim told me that Winter remembered everything again and maybe she also remembered how I treated her before. I tried to visit Winter but all she did was shout at me like I'm the last person she wanted to see.

My heart feels like stinging every time I remember that.

"Fine. I'll just leave this soup on your dining table. Just heat it when you feel hungry. I still need to do something. Just call me if you need something okay?"  Giselle says. I then hear her footsteps away from my room.

I stare at the wall. I feel so empty. I think of Winter. I wonder how is she right now? I want to hug her and I admit, I miss her lips onto mine. I thought everything is going to be fine now but I've always been wrong.

I keep staring at the wall until my eyes feel heavy. Eventually, I can't take the heaviness anymore so I close my eyes to sleep.

~
(A/n: I tried to finish this short update tonight since it's aespa's anniversary. HAPPY 1ST YEAR TO OUR GIRLS! Proud is an understatement to say how I feel for stanning this amazing group. If it weren't for them then for sure I already stop writing. It's aespa who helped me bring back my passion in writing, just sharing. Anyway, thank you so much for reading and voting guys!)