Chapter 25

Karina's view

Everyone stops from chatting as Mrs. Kim goes in front of us, she's holding a microphone on her left hand and a wine glass on the right.

"Before I start on my speech I want to greet everyone a Merry Christmas!"  she says and it follows by loud applauses. She roams her eyes around us then let out a genuine smile.

Yep today is Christmas Day. We all decided to celebrate it here in Kim's residence, including my family and Ning's family.

"Now I'm giving my gratitude to the creator above us. We all know that this year has been a rough one for us specially when our daughter, Winter gotten herself in an accident yet she was given a second chance to live and stay with us"  she continues then look at Winter.

"Not only for the creator, I'm also giving my gratitude to everyone in here for praying and giving your full support to our family. If it weren't for y'all then we probably wouldn't have reached this very point of our lives. I hope this relationship we're currently building will make our families stronger for the upcoming years... So I guess my brief speech ends here. Again thank you very much and enjoy yourselves in this mini Christmas gathering. Merry Christmas!"  then she raises her glass of wine in the air, signaling for us to start eating.

By that we start getting our plates and get some dishes on the long table. I can see the pure happiness in everyone's face. It looks surreal after what we've been through but here are, celebrating Christmas together.

"Karina Merry Christmas!"  Ningning squeals as she approaches me, Winter is behind her. I chuckle at her cute action.

"Merry Christmas little Ning and Winter"  I greet back to the both of them.

"Happy Christmas"  Winter says.

After we took some food, we immediately sat on the vacant seat besides the window then started eating. Ningning also started telling us excitingly about her past two weeks. When I glance at Winter, she's staring and listening to the younger in amusement.

As if Winter felt my eyes on her, she glances up at me then out of my luck she catches me staring right at her. I quickly look away and feel a heat rushing at my cheeks in embarrassment.

This previous days me and Winter became awkward and distant from each other and that's definitely because of her amnesia. It feels like she's so near yet so far, in short we went back from nothing again. I don't know if I should be glad that she can't remember anything that I did before or should I be unhappy because she's treating me like a whole stranger now. Despite of that I'm still thankful to her parents for letting me be friends with her again even if I was at fault too.

Soon enough we finished eating our lunch. My stomach feels so full right now.

"Okay guys since everyone is already done eating. Let's do exchange gifts now!"  Mrs. Kim announces. I feel the excitement flows through me.

"Number 7 is for Mr. Ning..."  Mrs. Kim started calling our numbers and names. At the end, I received a make-up kit from Ningning. It made my heart fluttered because she already knew what I really wanted.

Now everybody is scattered around the house, some back on chatting again and some are happily taking pictures of the gifts they received.

I look for Winter because I have something to give to her. I even saved almost half of my allowance just to buy this friendship ring for her and me. I'm getting nervous because I don't know how would she will react on this.

I look for her in the living room, in the front yard, and in the kitchen but she's not there. I guess Ningning is with her because I haven't see her too after we finished exchanging our gifts.