Chapter 37

Karina's view

Lately, Ningning and Winter have been eating with us every lunch but as much as I want to talk to them for long Winter would always makes excuses, enough for me to know that she's doing it in purpose just to avoid me.

I glance up at them and I don't know why but when I catch her already staring right at me my heartbeats quicken. I'm expecting her to look away but instead she shows a small smirk at me. I don't have any clue what she's trying to do so I clear my throat and try to ignore her.

"Uh guys me and Giselle are planning to watch a movie tomorrow so if you have time you two can join"  I say as I look at Ningning. I can still feel Winter's eyes on me so I don't look back at her cause that will be awkward.

"Yeah sure. Me and Winter will come"  Ningning replies as she glances at Winter but Winter just rolls her eyes then focus on her food again.

After a long silence Giselle finish her lunch than the rest of us. The tension between her and Winter is still there but everyone choose to ignore it.

"Karina I need to go now. See you tomorrow I guess?"  Ningning declares as the four of us finally done eating.

"Oh okay. See you both tomorrow?"  I say unsure.

"Don't worry WE will come"  she reassures.

Before they go I catch Winter again glimpse at me but then she looks away immediately.

"I saw that"  Giselle, who's standing besides me suddenly speaks.

"You see what?"  I ask cluelessly.

"That look"

"What look??"

"C'mon Rina I maybe dumb but I'm not blind. I think Winter is crushing on you"  she says that made my eyes grow wide.

"No way"  I reply chuckling nervously.

"Whatever"  she says uninterested in the topic then walks away while I just shrug it off then follow her.

Winter has a crush on me? There's no way it will happen. For all I know Winter hates me before so how come she's crushing on me? That's kinda ridiculous I swear.

---

Tonight is our friendly movie date so I sent a message to Giselle and Ningning that I'll be picking them up to their houses. I push the doorbell to Giselle's house and it's nice to see her mother again after a long time.

"Oh Rina I haven't seen you for months. How are you?"  she asks surprisingly after she opens their gate widely. I immediately smiles at her.

"There were some problems that came so I didn't have my time visiting here but I'm fine now Mrs. Uchinaga"  I half lie. Giselle said that she didn't tell to her parents about our misunderstanding cause they didn't want them to worry.

"No it's fine. We understand Rina. I hope you come it over soon"  she replies then gives me a warm smile.

"I hope so too Mrs. Uchinaga, thanks"

"Mom is that Rina who came?"  we both hear Giselle inside their house. The two of us chuckles then.

"Yes honey!"  her mom replies.

"Alright Mrs. Uchinaga I'll just wait for her in my car "  she nods her head as she understands. I go back to my car and relax myself as I wait for her. Few moments later my car door opens and Giselle gets inside.