Chapter 28

Karina's view

After I put my very last cloth inside my duffel bag my mother barges in inside my room.

"Hey mom"  I greet her but instead of smiling at me, she has this sad look on her face.

"Baby are you sure you're leaving now? Can't you do it tomorrow morning?"  she asks in lonely tone.

"Yes mom. Like you, I also wanted to stay here longer but I still have some stuffs to do this weekend"  I answer.

"Don't worry mom once I have my free time then I'll come over here immediately. Is that okay to you?"  I inquire to her, trying to lift up the current mood. She just sigh in defeat.

"Okay fine. As if I can change your decision"  she blurts out like a kid so I chuckle on her action. Sometimes I'm asking who's the mother between us?

I embrace her one last time that lasts longer this time. Today is Friday so I'll go back now in my apartment before our classes will start on Monday again.

"I'll miss you mom"  I tell her whilst still hugging her.

"I'll miss you more baby"

"So I need to go now mom. I still have to drive for 3 hours"  I state as I break our hug.

"Okay baby. Take care. See you soon"  she says before she accompanies me outside.

I give all of them a smile before I drive away from our house. Before I leave my hometown I decided to pass by to Kim's residence to say goodbye to them.

Within 10 minutes I reach Winter's house. I knock on their door and Winter comes into my view as the door opens.

"Oh hi Karina"  she greets.

"Hello there Winter"  I greet her too.

"Come inside"  then I step in inside.

Few moments later we're already sitting on their couch.

"Karina do you want any drinks?"  Mrs. Kim asks at me but I shake my head as a no.

"Thanks Mrs. Kim but I won't stay long so no need for any drinks"  I say politely.

"Oh why? Do you have any place to go today?"

"Actually I'll go back in my apartment now. I just came here to say my farewell"  I confess and they both give me a surprise look.

"We don't know that"  Mrs. Kim replies.

"Yeah. Sorry for not telling it earlier Mrs. Kim"  I apologize.

"If that's so, I hope you can still visit us here especially Winter"  she says that gains a nudge from Winter. I can't help myself but to chuckle.

"Sure Mrs. Kim. I will if I have my free time"

After chatting for almost half an hour I bid my last goodbye for this day. Like what I did to my mother, I hug Winter so tight because I'll surely miss her. I feel her stiffen and I can feel her heartbeats in a fast pace.

"I'll miss you Winter. Please take care of yourself"  I say between our hug but she doesn't answer anything. I part away from our hug and look at her but I'm surprise when her face is flushing. I don't tell her that because it might just annoy her.

"So bye for now Mrs. Kim and Winter"  I say then head on my way.

---

Monday morning has arrived. I walk like a zombie going to our lecture room. Besides the trimmed tree outside our university there's nothing new for me. It's still the same university a month ago.