Chapter 11

Karina's view

"Karina are you busy this Friday night?" Winter asks out of nowhere. Her voice is low that I barely hear her.

We're currently on our way to the university so I can't look at her fully.

"Nope. Why?" I say, my eyes are still fixated on the road.

"Can-we-go-for-a-dinner-?" she blurts out so fast that I don't even understand a single word.

"What?" I furrow my brows in confusion. I hear her clears her throat then speaks again.

"I-I say can we go for a dinner this Friday night?" this time she says it slowly but I can feel a hint of nervousness?

"Why? Don't you like the food that I cook for you?" I ask. I'm not offended though, it's just that I'm cooking the same dishes for every week so maybe she wants to taste some new Korean food or maybe she misses her comfort food back in Australia.

"No! I mean of course not. You're good in cooking and I actually like it..." she pauses for a while then speaks again.

"I just want to invite you in a friendly dinner this Friday and also that will serves as my thank you to you for letting me stay in your apartment and for assisting me here in Korea but if you don't like that idea it's fine. Just don't think that I don't like your food" she explains for long.

"Oh okay" is my short reply.

"Okay?"

"I mean yeah I'll go with you"

"Really??" she asks in disbelieve. I just nod as an answer.

"Omg Karina thank you so much" she exclaims. I can feel the excitement in her voice even though I can't see her reaction because I'm still driving.
Without knowing I let out a big smile for the thought of me and Winter in a dinner.

I swear this wasn't the Winter that I met two months ago. She's so different from that Winter who shows no emotion at all, who gets annoy even in the smallest thing, who acts rude to other people and gets what she wanted, and especially that Winter who always gets on my nerves. This Winter besides me is caring, gleeful, and sweet. Sometimes I also think that maybe it's because of Ningning because it was the first time that I saw Winter laugh when Ningning visited her. I know I want to help Winter get out of her problems but I think someone is already doing that for her and that's good I guess?

After sometime, we reach the university. I pull out in the parking lot and we both get out of my car.

"Rina!" We both hear the familiar voice behind us. We both turn our head to look at Giselle.

"Morning Gigi!" I greet as Giselle reach our place.

"Morning too Rina" she greets back then fall into comfortable silence with Giselle who's just staring right at me.

Winter suddenly clears her throat.

"Oh morning Winter" Giselle greets her when she notices her presence just now.

"Morning" Winter greets back coldly. Wow what a sudden change of mood.

I forgot to mention that they're good now, or that's what I think? They just greet each other when they meet but nothing more will happen but I'm glad that Winter is eating with us every lunch. It's still awkward between them but I hope it will fade away soon.

"So let's go now?" I say then they both nod as an answer.

We start walking on the school hallway. I'm between the two because I can still feel that Winter is still uncomfortable around Giselle. My best friend starts talking about what happened to her this weekend while Winter is just walking quietly besides me.