Chapter 34

Winter's view

"As we all know we only have two days left before the foundation day so I'm expecting for y'all to have your talent by now"  the Dean starts as everyone of us is seriously listening to him. I look my colleague in their eyes to see excitement and at the same time anxious. I can say that I feel the same way too. Eventually my eyes land to Karina but my heart starts skipping when I see her staring right at me. I quickly look away from her gaze and try to calm down my heart rate.

Lately, we've been elusive to each other after my sudden outburst last week so she's always been with Giselle from then on. There are times that I'll catch both of them looking at us, especially to me which makes me confused all the time. I didn't bother to talk to her until now because I'm still ashamed on what I did and I don't know how to. I want to tell to them that I wasn't in my mood that day so it was an accident but I can't find a strength to say it. I can't even act normal now in front of Karina. I'll always do something that can embarass me and sometimes I think that Karina thought of me as an idiot.

"Ms. Winter Kim?"  I immediately look at the Dean when he calls my name.

"Yes Mr. Song?"

"Are you alright?"  he asks that makes me confused.

"Yes"

"Are you sure cause you're spacing out?"  he says and suddenly my cheeks feel like burning in so much embarrassment. Their eyes are on me, especially Ningning who looks worried.

"I'm sorry Mr. Song"  I apologize.

"Okay. Just listen carefully and if you're not feeling well then tell it to me"  he says then turns his attention to my colleagues again.

Ningning nudges me and whispers if I am okay and I say yes then she goes back on listening to the Dean.

For the rest of the day, we practiced how to execute the whole program except the performance part because that will be surprised for everyone. We also practiced our opening and closing performance. We just had 1 hour break and continued practicing again for many times because this is our last day for practice and tomorrow will be our rest day then the next day will be foundation day.

"Ningning I'll just buy something to drink. Want to come with me?"  I say when we finish practicing. We're just waiting for the Dean to come back for more instructions.

Ningning lifts up her face from her phone to look at me. "Nope. I have water here so I'll just rest here for a while"  she replies.

"Okay. I'll be back in 10"  she nods her head as she turns her attention again on her phone.

I take my way going to the cafeteria and luckily there's no students inside so I can buy easily.

I go to the counter then order a milk flavored drink and something to eat too. I'm starving and exhaust so eating is my comfort at this very hour.

After ordering I immediately drink almost half of my milk then walk away but my phone vibrates inside my pocket so I take it out and read the message from my mother. She's asking me if how's my day and if I need anything.

I stop for a moment to put my snack between my armpit and my milk to my left hand to type my message to my mother. I then continue walking while typing my message until I don't see a person is coming so we end up bumping into each other. My snack falls to the ground while my milk spills on the students uniform and some is on the ground too. I quickly get my handkerchief out of my pocket and panickly wipes the milk on her uniform.

"I'm sorry I wasn't looking on my way. I'm very sorry"  I apologize as I continue wiping her uniform.

"No it's alright. I also didn't see you coming"  she tolds to me that makes me froze on my feet when I recognize that voice. I slowly glance up at her and that's when I confirm that she's Giselle.