Chapter 12

Karina's view

My morning didn't go well like what I expected. Winter starts giving me her cold shoulders again. She didn't even ride home with me yesterday and this morning. I was about to ask her if she will go with me this morning but she immediately went out after we ate our breakfast.

Leaning my back on my chair, I stare at the window side blankly. I can feel the exhaustion on my body from yesterday. My eyes are so heavy right now because I didn't sleep well last night, thinking about Winter. I can't understand why she acted like that yesterday. I thought we were going good since she been sweet to me this past two weeks but now she's back to her usual self again. If she thinks that I'll run to her again to say sorry then she's wrong. I won't let her selfish and bratty attitude win again this time.

I snap back from my thought when my seatmate nudge me. I give him a questioning look so to answer my question, he raise his index finger to point on something. My eyes follow it until it stops on Ms. Song who's glaring at me while crossing her arms.

My eyes grow wider than usual. I roam it around to see my classmate's attention are all on me. I clear my throat in embarrassment.

"Ms. Yoo next time I see you staring outside I'll let you jog around the university for the whole hour do you understand?"  Ms. Song firmly warns then I hear small giggles around me. Heat creeps up on my cheeks in so much embarrassment.

"I do understand Ms. Song, sorry"  I manage to say without stuttering.

She gave me another warning look before she starts speaking again.

Geez that was so embarassing.

---

"So how are you and Winter?"  Giselle breaks the silence.

After my last class, I immediately went to Giselle's. Now we're on our way to the parking lot. She promised me to treat me snacks this afternoon.

I look at her to reply. "I actually don't know"

She let out a small sigh. "I'm very sorry Rina. If it's not because of me then it wouldn't happen"

I give her a small smile. "No Gigi it's not your fault, it's Winter and her immaturity. I thought she's taking her baby steps to change but I was wrong, she's still that bratty Winter who thinks she can have everything she wants"

She sighed before she speaks again. "I know I'm not in the right position to say this Rina but I think you have to give her more patience. I also noticed that she's not that rude towards me this previous weeks but then yesterday happened"

"Honestly speaking I'm getting tired of dealing with her"  I say nonchalantly.

She gives me a worried look and open her mouth to speak but ends up closing it again.

"Go Hyojung!"

"Fight! Fight! Fight!"  We hear a commotion on the middle of the university ground. Seriously? Starting a trouble inside the university's premises?

Giselle suddenly pull my wrist towards the commotion but I stop her.

"We can't watch that Gigi! I don't want to involve ourselves in that stupid fight!"  I shout because the ground are getting crowded and noisier.

"Okay sorry. Let's just go out of here"  she looks at me apologetically when she saw my reaction. We then start walking away but we hear them cheering again.

"Hyojung! Hyojung!"

"Winter! Winter!"

I stop from walking. Did they say Winter?

I snap my head to look at Giselle if she heard that too but she's not on my side anymore. Where is she?

I look at the crowd, contemplating if I should look at it or not. I'm still deciding when Giselle comes back rushing.

"Rina it's Winter!" she says as she reach my place panting.

My heart almost stop beating. So I heard it right.

I quickly step away from my place. Giselle shouts something but I can't understand what is it because my focus is on the commotion.

I run through the noisy crowd. My blood boils right away as soon as I see Winter on top of another student, strangling the girl using a school tie.

"Winter stop that!"  I shout at the top of my lungs but it's futile because of the noisiness around me.

Without thinking twice, I drop my bag on the ground then hurriedly run to the fighting girls.

"Winter!"  I shout in fury but still she's strangling the girl.

I pull her uniform's collar to stop her but then she protests and shouts. "No!"

I look at the student below her, she's having her hard time to get some air to breath and her whole face is getting violet already. Is she trying to kill her?!

I snake my arms around her waist to pull her out on top of the girl. I don't care anymore if I'll end up in office after this.

She tries to get out of my arms as soon as I pull her out of the girl so I let her go. She fall on the ground then groans in pain.

"Damn it!"

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!"  I shout in fury. This time she glares at me but it change to surprise when she finally recognizes me.

"Karina"  she mumbles.

I breath heavily, trying to calm my heart rate. She doesn't answer my question so we just glare to each other, or it's just me who's glaring at her.

Soon enough we hear a whistle coming to us. The other students start to run away from us, going to any direction just to escape from here.

"Hey stop running!"  I hear the securities shouts to every students they see.

"We're going to talk Winter Kim after this"  I say firmly then turn my back to go to the securities to talk.

I pass by Giselle first, who looks so shock. Maybe because it's her first time seeing me like this.

"Sorry Gigi but can I have a favor?"  I ask softly, trying not to frighten her.

"Y-yeah sure"  she answers.

"Please keep your eyes on Winter for a while. Make sure she'll not go away no matter what. I'll be back in minutes"  she nods as she understands then move to go to Winter's direction. If Winter do something to provoke Giselle then I'll make sure she will face not only me but also her parents after.

I walk towards to the securities to talk. Winter is really a pain not only in my ass but in my whole system.

~
(A/N: So how was your heart? I don't know if this whole fighting and drama scenes were effective because I'm not into this kind of genre before but I'm doing my research to prove writing like this. We haven't reach half of the story but their situation is getting heavier each chapter. I just hope you still read it until the end but for now enjoy this chapter!)

Ps. We're so near to 1k reads guys! Thank you so much!