Chapter 24

Karina's view

"So are y'all ready?"  Mrs. Kim asks.

"Yes Mrs. Kim. I already told to Ningning to bring Winter's clothes too. She's already on her way so she'll be here in 10 minutes"  I answer.

"Okay. So I'll leave for now. I'll just sign some papers and pay the bills before we go. Just message me Karina once Ningning arrive"  Mrs. Kim says and I just nods as a yes then she goes out of the room. I then look at Winter who's already wearing her new dress. Unlike two weeks ago she looks healthier now. Although she still in her weak state, she really glowed this time.

The doctor said last week that she can be discharged anytime soon and that soon is today. For the past two weeks we did everything to help Winter. We all thought that it would be hard for her since she lost some parts of her memory but luckily it's not, she cope up easily with it but the doctor said that it's just a temporary. He told us that once Winter's lost memories come back again then there's a high possibility that we will go back to zero again, meaning she'll be back in her usual self where she isolated herself and what we're worrying for is it will be worst than before because of the accident. In my part, what I'm worrying is the consequences if her memories come back again specially that I did unacceptable things to her like saying those hurtful words and worst kicked her out of my apartment. As of now I'm trying my best to set aside those negative thoughts. This day should be a happy one for us.

Also, I did notice that Winter's behavior changed but it was a good one. She became sweet, polite, and the jolly version of Winter. Her mother once told me that the Winter we're seeing now is the Winter before Aika died, by that I realized that when she lost her best friend she was the one who affected the most. Speaking of best friend, me and Giselle are still not in good terms. I already told her that Winter is now awake but she didn't reply at me so I guess she really doesn't have any plan on telling it to her so I also refused to talk with her until now.

"Are you excited now for your new house?"  I ask Winter who's staring outside the window.

"Yep"  she answers shortly without even looking at me. Yes she did changed her behavior except to me, she's always giving me cold shoulders but I'm still thankful that she's not that rude unlike before. Maybe she's still uncomfortable around me so I'm just shrugging it off everytime.

Anyway, I almost forgot to mention. Her parents decided that they won't go back to Australia for now so they bought a new house to stay just a few kilometers away from my parents' house. It's just sad to know that she won't be able to continue school not until next school year but it's fine because it's for her own good. I'll just visit her every weekends.

Soon Ningning arrives with two luggages that definitely belongs to Winter. Winter tilts her head to look at Ningning and her bored eyes just seconds ago change into life. She has this big smile on her face.

"Ningning you took so long!"  she says then pouts. I let out a chuckle because of her cuteness.

"Sorry your highness. Your dear friend was scolded by her mother before she went here because she woke up very late"  she bows down her head and acts like she's a soldier, she even change her voice into deep one. We all laugh in unison after that. I can't still believe that I gained two friends just in a few months, although Giselle did something wrong I admit to myself that I really miss her now.

I immediately send a message to Mrs. Kim and within some minutes she comes back, holding an envelope which I assume that contains those important papers.

"Let's go girls. I want to make it there before lunch"  and by that we start moving. This room maybe gave us the worst memories within 5 months but this room also witnessed how the accident changed our lives a big time. Even though we're now leaving to welcome our new life or rather Winter's new life, we can't still hide the fact that this accident once came to our life to make us stronger than before.

---

I think I'm already driving for more than two hours now but the whole drive don't appear like the usual boring drive. The whole car was filled with Winter and Ningning's laugh as they talk at the backseat. Mrs. Kim already scolded them for their noise so they stopped but eventually continue again like those elementary students who just meet each other after summer vacation.

I glance at them using the rearview mirror, they already stopped from laughing but they still talk and giggles once in a while.

I continue driving and just focus on the road. I don't want to go back in the hospital again but this time the patient will be the four of us so I need to double my caution.

After another hour of driving in comfortable silence we finally reach their new house. The house is a modern type that dominated with white paint outside. I smile when I see my parents, Ara, and Winter's father outside waiting for us with a big "WELCOME HOME WINTER!" banner.

We get off the car excitingly and the cold breeze of winter season embraces us right away. We're already in the mid-December so our winter break started just today and we only have exactly 7 days left before Christmas and happy is an understatement to describe how I'm feeling right now. Winter is the best gift that we all received in advance this Christmas so I have the reason to celebrate those holidays now.

Our fathers help us to carry the luggages and we greet each other warmly. Although it's their first time to see Ningning they already like her immediately. Of course we're talking Ningning here, the funniest and friendliest kid that I met. For Winter, I notice that she's still feel strange to some of us but she's trying her best not to show it. I'm fine with it as long as we're not freaking her out.

After catching up with each other the delicious food arrive and we start our mini welcome celebration for Winter. I just hope that we will be good as this for our upcoming months too. Just fine and nothing to worry about.