Chapter 42

Winter's view

A week. A week of playing hide and seek with Karina. I can't understand her. She doesn't address the kiss that happened but she's also hiding from me like how would I know if she's mad at me or what. She's just there avoiding me every time.

It seems like half an hour has rolled down already after our class ended but I still can't find Karina, not any of her trace.

"Win you wanna come with me?"  Ningning asks out of nowhere. I look at her.

"Where?"

"In the night bazaar"

"A night bazaar?"

Nodding her head, she answers "Yep, a night bazaar"

"Since I don't have any task today it's a yes"

"Alright then. Let's go"  standing up from the bench, she picks up her backpack with her.

She looks like finding for someone or something as we walk.

"Are you looking for someone?"  I ask.

"Of course not"  she replies then walks briskly after. I thought Karina is the only one who's weird lately but I guess it's not.

-

Ningning's view

"Are you looking for someone?"  Winter suddenly asks. I almost jump out of surprise.

"Of course not"  I answer quickly then proceed on walking faster.

Lately, I've been feeling weird around people or more likely to Karina, Winter, and Giselle.

When Winter and Karina arrived from their hometown, things didn't seem normal. They both look awkward to each other like it's their first time to meet. I could tell something happened but I don't want to ask Winter about that for now.

On the other hand, I feel sulky to Giselle. She said that she would chat with me or even promised to bring me to the bazaar again but it never happened. After that night, we didn't have any chance to chat nor bond again. I tried to message her once and all she said was she was busy with their thesis but something inside me is telling me that it's more than that. Sometimes I think that she didn't want to be friends with me because I'm the weird girl that you could see in every story, but it's still not right for her to leave me hanging like this. Honestly speaking, all of this is making me upset.

As we continue to walk, we hear the sound of falling books. I look on my left side and see Karina. Books and papers are scattered on the floor. I look for Giselle if she's around but she's not. Ugh stop looking for her, will you?

I glance at Winter and she looks hesitant. I'm not sure but to assume maybe hesitant if she will help Karina or not.

"Winter don't just stand there. Let's help her"  I suggest then I move first. I bend down to pick those books as I hear Winter's footsteps behind me. I see her follow what I am doing using the corner of my eye.

"Geez thank you so much"  Karina says. I think she's still not recognizing us.

"What are friends for if we won't help you, right Winter?"  I say then she glances at us.

"Oh Ningning and... Winter"

I give her those books that I picked then smile.

"Thanks, guys"  Karina says.

"No problem"

Winter then hands over the pile of papers to Karina but when their skin accidentally touches, the older immediately takes her hand away.

"S-sorry"  Winter apologizes as she looks away.

"I uh-- never mind I need to go. Thanks for helping me"  Karina says then goes away fastly. I furrow my brows in confusion.

"Okay, what is going on Winter?"

"Huh? That's nothing"  she answers confidently but her eyes scream the opposite. She looks teary already.

"No, Winter. What happened is'nt just nothing. I could sense it since you two came back. Tell me, did something happen again between you and Karina?"  this time I sound like demanding an answer. I can't let that one pass because it's my best friend who's we're talking about here.

"I don't know Ningning. It's too complicated to explain"

"Then I will have my time to listen if it's needed. I can't stand seeing you guys like that"

"Ningning we..."  she stops then heave a sigh.

"We kissed"

"You guys what?! Seriously??"  I ask in disbelieve. Like what? She and Karina just kissed? I mean it's not bad to kiss a person of the same sex and I also knew that Winter is crushing over her but what in freaking chicken?

"But it was an accident though so I couldn't understand where Karina is coming from?"

I'm wordless for the moment but I won't leave Winter like this. I embrace her so tight so she will know that I'll be here for her.

"To be honest I don't know what to say but I think Karina is just overwhelmed about what happened. Maybe you two should talk about it sooner"

"I know that but how? She doesn't want to see me neither"

"Don't think that way Winter. Karina will never do that to you. Maybe she just needs some more time. You know, who wouldn't feel shocked if a person just received her first kiss from an unexpected person right?"

"Yeah right"  she chuckles.

"So don't think things too much okay?"

"Thanks, Ningning for being here with me every time but what about you? You look not in yourself this past week"  she says that surprises me.

"Me? Oh, come on Winter. Don't mind me. I'm fine I swear. You know puberty"

"Is that so?"

"Yeah. So let's go now? We need to release this stress for a while"  I say as I hold her hands out of the campus.

I don't want to tell them that I'm sulking over small things though. I'm already happy to see everyone is doing well.

~
(A/n: I'll try to update daily or 2x a week so that this book will finish sooner. Btw, 9 more chapters left!)