40. Shy

|SATURDAY - 11:55 a.m.|

Jungkook looked at his watch and sighed in relief. He wasn't the earliest but he wasn't late. He stood at the entrance of the cinema hall and wandered his eyes around in search for Taehyung. When he didn't see him, he switched his phone on to text Taehyung and ask him where he was. But, as soon as he began to type, he received a text from Taehyung.  

TaeGucci👅: Hey I'm here

Where are you?

Jungkook took a deep breath in and steadied himself. He told himself all was going to be okay and opened his eyes. When he did, he saw Taehyung leaning against a car. Looking stunning, as always. 

Jungkook slowly started walking, increasing his pace gradually until he was right behind Taehyung. 

"Hi" He said as he put a hand on Taehyung's shoulder. 

|MEANWHILE|

Taehyung reached the cinema hall and texted Jungkook. He looked around but that was obviously pointless since he didn't know how Kookie looked. He waited there, blankly staring at his phone until he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Hi," he heard a voice

"I'm Kookie" The voice sounded familiar. But the mixture of excitement and nervousness that built inside him outweighed that thought. He immediately turned around and without thinking, wrapped his arms around him. He didn't want to see his face, not now. He just wanted to feel his warmth first. 

"You don't know how long I've been waiting to do this" He said with tight arms holding Jungkook in place.

Jungkook gulped. This feeling was new for him. Jungkook and Taehyung had never hugged before. Definitely not like this. He slowly wrapped his arms around Taehyung in return, relishing in the feeling of hugging someone he thought of as his safe place.

When he did hug him, he closed his eyes, breathing in the sweet scent he usually only smelt distantly. Like this, he couldn't help but let the following words roll off his tongue, "Hey baby" He whispered.

That sent a jolt through Taehyung's spine and forced him to open his eyes wide. For two reasons: one, his Kookie called him baby. Every time he called him that even while texting, he would react the same way. And second, he realised that the voice was very very familiar. That the fragrance of his perfume was also very familiar. He gulped, suddenly placing everything together and solving the puzzle. He even recalled the many times he noted the strange similarity between Kookie and Jungkook. 

"Can I look at you now Kookie?" Taehyung softly asked. Jungkook opened his eyes and shut them back almost immediately. He said a quick prayer. This was a make or break situation. Either he and Taehyung would be amazing friends or Taehyung would probably never want to see him again. 

"Promise me you won't react too much?" Jungkook asked

"I'm pretty sure you're beautiful Kookie"

Jungkook mentally laughed at that. That was not the reason he didn't want Taehyung to react. He slowly detached himself from Taehyung, looking down. He could feel Taehyung's anticipating eyes on him. He then removed the final obstacle in Taehyung's way. He removed his cap that was blocking his face from Taehyung's eyes. He then looked up with nervous, apologetic eyes.

"Oh my God!" Taehyung gasped as he covered his mouth. 

About 10 seconds later, he calmed himself down, took his hand off his mouth and said, "Beautiful indeed"