97. Proposal

|28th DECEMBER - 8:45 p.m.|

"Baby, let me go now at least. I already exceeded our time by 45 minutes. You want me to come back quickly, don't you?"

Taehyung pouted with a frown. Jungkook resisted himself from cooing and calling Taehyung adorable.

"Our time should be unlimited, Kook."

"It will be, honey. I promise. It will be. I'm sorry I need to work a day before our anniversary but I'll be done before 12." Jungkook cradled Taehyung's face in his hands. His eyes soft as he looked at his lover sigh.

"Fine. But where's Chim? He was supposed to entertain me."

Jungkook began to speak, probably assuring the older that their best friend would be here soon. But, at that moment, he got interrupted when a loud, cheerful voice erupted in their relatively silent living room.

"Your source of entertainment is here, Tae!" Jimin yelled.

The couple sitting on the couch jumped in surprise. Jungkook frowned, "How the fuck did you get in?"

Jimin looked at Jungkook, puzzled, "What? I know the password..."

"Still, you can't just barge in like that. What if we were fucking?"

Jimin made a poker face before turning it into one of disgust, "Ew, why would you bring that up? I dunno, I would probably run for my life and wash my eyes with holy water or something."

Taehyung snickered while Jungkook sighed in annoyance, "That is why you should at least ring the bell before you walk in."

"Ugh, don't be such a dad. Go, you're free to do your work now. I'll take care of Tae."

Taehyung gratefully smiled, happy to see Jimin since they hadn't met in a while.

"Yeah, okay." 

Jungkook looked at Taehyung one last time before pecking his forehead and walking towards his home office/game room. As he did so, he brushed past Jimin and whispered, "Guest bathroom."

The older of the two let out a low hum, one that only Jungkook could hear.

"Bye Tae. See you soon, love." He announced before closing the door and listening to a loud "Bye Kook!" from Taehyung too.

As soon as he had closed the door, he rested his back against it and let out a sigh. He thought, 'The next time I talk to Tae, I'll be asking him to marry me. Fuck.'

He stood near the door for a while, until he heard Jimin's voice from the living room, "Tae, I'm going to use the restroom. Give me a minute."

Right after that, he locked the door and took a quick scan of his room, wondering how he could embellish it and make it look perfect for a marriage proposal. But, more than that, he wondered how he could make this night more special than the one they had had exactly two years ago. The way he had proposed then was nothing less of a marriage proposal. So, his main goal was to somehow make today better and more exceptional than the last time. Although, he knew that Taehyung didn't really care about how he proposed or how pretty the room looked.

He started by switching on his LED strip lights and turning their colour to a stunning purple. Next, he switched on his projection night lamp and turned the setting so the ceiling mimicked a beautiful purple galaxy. He knew Taehyung would love the atmosphere he's built. There was nothing more the older would want than being proposed by Jungkook in what looked like a purple night sky full of stars.

Next, out of a drawer, he removed around forty to fifty Polaroids of Taehyung and him. It had taken him hours to convert all of those pictures to polaroids and he had stayed up still 4 a.m. doing just that. But, the result was definitely worth it.