87. For Love

|THE NEXT DAY - 6:00 a.m.|

"What about our house?"

"I want to give that up too. We can live with one of the Hyungs till we find a place for ourselves."

"Can you really do that Kook? I know you don't like luxury but you've gotten accustomed to it. Will you really be able to adjust? I don't want you to be uncomfortable."

"And I don't want to have anything to do with my parents. And if that means living in a cramped place, so be it. In any case, as I've said before, I'll do anything for you, for us, for love. Because what these people give me, it's not love."

"Okay, I get it." Taehyung said, smiling a little as he placed his hand on Jungkook's thigh and squeezed it for reassurance. 

The couple was currently seated in the vast and lavish living room of the Jeon residency. They were here to confront Mr. and Mrs. Jeon and break any sort of relationship that they still had with them. Ara was also about to join them, she would be here in a few minutes.

The reason Taehyung and Jungkook had to come here so early was because today was a working day, and Mr. Jeon's meetings would start in an about an hour. This was the only spare time the couple had before Jungkook's parents got busy with work, or they could wait till the weekend. But Taehyung and Jungkook wanted to get this done and over with as soon as possible. 

They had only gotten three hours of sleep last night but the enthusiasm of breaking free out of this toxic relationship kept their eyes open and their energy levels high.

"Are you nervous?" Taehyung asked.

"Yeah, a little bit. Not really of not seeing them ever again, I'm actually relieved about that. Just, about us."

Taehyung held Jungkook's hand and brought it up to his lips. He chastely kissed his knuckles, "We'll be fine, don't worry."

"I won't." Jungkook smiled.

As they spoke about random topics to distract themselves from what was about to happen, they suddenly heard the main door to the mansion open. They turned their heads towards the sound's direction to witness Ara walking in. But she looked different. Unlike all the other times that the couple had seen her wearing extravagant gowns, today she wore a simple t-shirt and jeans.

She smiled as she walked in and sat on the sofa beside the couch on which Taehyung and Jungkook sat, "Good Morning, really early for you, isn't it?"

Taehyung and Jungkook hesitated before speaking to her, unsure of whether they wanted to create a friendly impression on her. They knew she hadn't done anything by her own will and the mastermind of all of this was Mr. Jeon, but, she had chosen to comply to his evil ways. They couldn't trust her, so they just replied by a single "Good Morning." in unison. 

Ara smiled again, "You still don't trust me, do you?"

Taehyung sighed, "We know you're not at fault but I'm sorry, we can't trust you."

Ara nodded her head, "It's fine."

"You look more cheerful though, what happened?"

Ara smiled gleefully as she looked at Taehyung, happy that someone noticed her unusual joy. 

"Well, to keep it simple, Mr. Jeon legally cannot withdraw his shares from my father's company. We're safe."

Taehyung's eyes enlarged, "Really?! That's amazing! Congratulations!"

Ara nodded, "Thank you."

Jungkook eyed Taehyung as he talked to Ara. 'How can someone be so kind to forgive a person who tried to sleep with their boyfriend not once, but twice?' He thought. He smiled as he looked at Taehyung, in awe that a man like him really existed. He looked down and smiled even more.