47. Trust

|27th DECEMBER, 5:00 p.m.|

'Oh my god, I'm so fucking nervous. Kim Taehyung, the things I'm doing for you-'

Jungkook exhaled a long breath as he looked in the mirror and scanned himself from head to toe. He had to look perfect, this had to be perfect. If anything goes wrong today, it'll be a disaster. He slightly brushed a strand of hair covering his eye. He wore a white dress shirt, neatly tucked inside his black jeans and a black watch. Casual yet semi-formal. 

Perfect.

He looked at the time as he picked the bouquet of Lilies on his dressing table. It was 5 p.m. Jungkook knew Taehyung was in class at the time. He checked himself in the mirror once more as he took a deep breath and headed to his car. He took his BMW today. He didn't want to show up in a Rolls Royce and make them believe he was a rich brat. He was rich, but not spoilt.

Them? 

Jungkook was going to meet Taehyung's parents.

|30 MINUTES LATER|

He stood in front of Taehyung's door now. This was going to be the first time he was going to see his house. He gulped, closed his eyes and took a long breath and exhaled. Then, he quickly changed his posture, to a firm and confident one with a beautiful and charming smile, able to win over anyone's heart. Jungkook had a specialty, an advantage and a disadvantage. He could hide his emotions well, nervousness, anxiety, those butterflies in his stomach when he was too close to Taehyung; so, even though the boy was nervous to a great extent, he concealed it well and instead, presented a confident young man. One that could win over Taehyung's parents easily.

Taehyung didn't know Jungkook was at his house, going to meet his parents. He had no clue about it.

With the same smile on his face, Jungkook ringed the doorbell. In only a few seconds, he heard the click of the lock as the door opened to reveal a handsome man. Well in his 50s, but he still looked young and active. The man looked at Jungkook with a confused expression. He was going to speak but Jungkook beat him at that, "Hello Sir. I'm Jeon Jungkook, Taehyung's classmate and bestfriend." He put his hand out for who he assumed Taehyung's father to shake.

Mr. Kim shook his hand with a little smile as he glanced at the flowers in his hand, "Hello Jungkook. I'm sorry but Tae isn't at home right now." 

Jungkook smiled, "Oh I'm aware of that sir, and these flowers, they're for you and ma'am."

"Oh." Mr. Kim laughed as he accepted the flowers, having some idea of where this conversation would go, "Please don't call us Sir and Ma'am. Mr. and Mrs. Kim is just fine. Come in!" He said as he gestured for Jungkook to come inside. With that glamorous smile and now a little boosted confidence Jungkook walked in the house.

"Who's it?" Came a voice as Mrs. Kim came into Jungkook's view.

She smiled with raised brows as she saw such a handsome young man in her house.

"Hello Mrs. Kim. I'm Jungkook, Taehyung's bestfriend." He shook her hand too.

"But, he isn't hom-" She began as Mr. Kim interrupted her, "He's come here for us. Come Jungkook, have a seat."

Jungkook nodded as he sat down on the couch opposite of Mr. and Mrs. Kim.

"Tell me son, what do you need to talk about?"

Jungkook's felt his confidence increase even more as he heard Mr. Kim calling him son already.

"Taehyung and I have been bestfriends for almost a year now. We see each other everyday, text a lot and are very happy around each other. I think I just want to thank you for giving birth to such a wonderful, beautiful, pure hearted and loving human being. Over the time we've been friends for, I have fallen for him. I like your son a lot. The reason I'm here is actually really simple. It's his birthday in the next couple of days and I want to ask him to be my boyfriend. I have been planning everything for a week now. With the help of our other friends, I'm almost ready. I wanted to surprise him for both asking him to date me and his birthday, here, in his and your house. He's not a very big fan of fancy things and I know he would feel the most comfortable in his home. So the main reason I'm here is to ask for your permission to decorate this house for your son and letting me ask him out here." Jungkook smiled after completing his little speech. 

He kept the smile on but internally, gulped nervously. He didn't know what to expect, what they would say.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim looked at each other and smiled. Jungkook knew that was their way of communicating, in a second and a simple smile, the two had read each other's mind. Jungkook pictured him and Taehyung doing the same.

"You've impressed me Jungkook. Just by your way of speaking, personality and presentation. You're lucky too. Mrs. Kim and I won't be here for Tae's birthday. He's really mad about it actually, I hope your surprise makes up for that." Mr. Kim laughed, indirectly approving of Jungkook's idea.

"I hope you can give our son all the love he deserves. Are you the one he calls Kookie?" Mrs. Kim asked as Jungkook enthusiastically nodded his head.

"He talks about you all the time. If there's anything we can do for you, let us know." 

Jungkook nodded, "Thank you, thank you so much." He got up and bowed.

Mr. Kim pulled him down so he sat again, "Don't be so formal son, it's all okay. Tell us when you're planning to get everything ready."

Jungkook said, "29th is a Saturday but I know Taehyung's schedule. He's going to be busy with classes all day. He'll be leaving at 12 p.m. and will be back by 8. So I want to start at around 1? I think I'll need at least that much time to get everything ready." 

Mr. Kim nodded, further impressed by Jungkook. He gestured to Mrs. Kim.

"Here, you can have the house keys, we won't be here when you'll come."

Jungkook looked at her with wide, confusing eyes, shocked at her giving him their house keys.

Mrs. Kim softly smiled, "Jungkook, when I tell you Taehyung talks about you a lot, I mean it. We trust you to have the house keys just like you trusted Taehyung to get his fingerprint saved for your house. He blabbered about how someone can trust him THAT much. Here, take it." She laughed. 

Jungkook nodded as he took the keys, heart swelling at the thought of Taehyung talking about him and the words spoken about him by Mrs. Kim. He really adored Taehyung so much. 

"Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. Kim, I'll be going now." He got up and bowed.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim got up as they smiled and patted his back.

Jungkook bowed once again before he went to press the elevator button.

'That went better than I expected.' 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Tuesday Update!!!

Helloo!!!

The next 5 chapters are all going to be developed before I start writing pure texts for a little bit. I have soo many drafts I wanna publish!! 

Enjoy!!!

#ScammysAreDisgusting #LightitupBTS #WeLoveYouBangtan

Thank you so much for reading! I love you 💜❤

Take care lovelies

Stay safe, Stay home

~Love,
TheTaeBTSLover ✨❤❤