91. Big Day

|3 MONTHS LATER - 3:05 a.m.|

"Baby, you should seriously come to bed with me now. It's past 3 a.m." Jungkook yawned beside Taehyung as he lazily massaged the back of his neck.

"No, this is really important. I need to finish this up." The older replied, staring at the bright laptop screen with bulging eyes. He didn't look the least bit tired. But if he didn't sleep now, he would definitely feel and look exhausted on his big day tomorrow.

"Tae, no. You're done with it. I can see it. Just believe in yourself. If you have anything else to do, do it in the morning."

"I need to reach there at 7, Kook."

"Exactly. That means you have to leave at 6. Which means you need to get up at 5. And that means, if you don't sleep now, you won't even get a good two hours of sleep."

"You were up till 4 yesterday." Taehyung mumbled with a slight pout.

"Yeah, that's 'cause I didn't have to get up at 5. C'mon Tae, you said you had finished this at 7 in the evening. So, what're you doing now?"

Taehyung sighed as he turned in his office chair to face Jungkook. He spoke, "I'm just scared. If I do well, they'll give me the job. If not, then..."

Jungkook kneeled in front of Taehyung. He brought his hands up to caress his face, "Didn't you yourself say to me that Mia told you she believes you'll get hired?" He asked, referring to Taehyung's employer.

"She 'believes'. She wasn't sure."

Jungkook chuckled, "Tae, stop being a bitch to yourself and understand her implications. She believes in you if she believes you can get the job. So, stop overthinking and sleep. I don't want you looking like a zombie tomorrow."

Taehyung scoffed, looking offended, "I look like a zombie now?!"

"Not to me. But to them? Sure."

"Wow, Jeon. Wow."

Jungkook giggled, grabbing Taehyung's hand and leading him to their bedroom.

The next day was a big day for both of them. Taehyung, after working as a fashion design intern at one of the most popular companies in Seoul for three months, had finally been given the offer to work there permanently. Yes, he wanted to start his own company one day and become a renowned entrepreneur. But, for the time being, getting this job would be more than enough. His salary would significantly increase and he would finally be able to live his dream as a fashion designer.

Over the course of these three months, he had to go through a lot to be in this position today. Fashion internships can be really tough to deal with sometimes. Obviously, because of the load of work, but also because many a times you're doing absolutely nothing related to fashion. All the interns used to get assignments like researching on textiles, making designs and getting them approved by the head designer and developing new brand ideas etc. But other times, they had to do tasks alike to being an assistant to one of the models working there. For example, bringing them water when they needed it, scheduling meetings for them, assisting them during their photoshoot, and taking their dogs for a walk.

That bit was really, really frustrating for Taehyung. Especially because the first month went by practically him doing just that. It was only in the second month that he finally got his first assignment. And now, he had received the biggest project to work on for his interview tomorrow. The interview in itself would be really short, because the questions would more or less be the same as what he had been asked when he had interviewed to become an intern. But the project is what really mattered, and that's what Taehyung had been working on before Jungkook decided he needed to sleep.