83. Worry

|14th January - 5:00 p.m.|

"So, exactly how many magazines have you read in the last 6 days?"

"Uh, this is my 19th one." Taehyung slightly smiled, hiding his face behind the magazine he was currently binging on.

"Nineteen?! Tae, give that to me!" Jungkook snatched the magazine from Taehyung's hands and looked at him with a frown.

"The fuck are you doing Jeon?" He glared.

"Tae, these are useless. You should do something more productive." 

Taehyung scoffed, "Like what?!"

"Talk to me or something." Jungkook mumbled, a pout he tried to resist slowly made way to his lips.

Taehyung's frown melted into a smile and he instantly moved so he sat closer to the younger. 

"Don't I talk to you enough, love?" It wasn't a rhetorical question, Taehyung really wanted to know whether he was giving Jungkook enough attention.

"Enough is never enough with you Tae." Jungkook held his hands.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, "Oh c'mon, we're in public Jungkook."

Jungkook snickered, "So? I'm not fucking you he-" His voice got muffled when Taehyung put his palm over his mouth. Jungkook looked at him with raised, questioning eyebrows.

"I really don't want your father to come out of one of these rooms and listen to us talking about you fucking me so please, shush."

Jungkook chuckled and Taehyung glared at him again. He took Taehyung's hand in his and sighed, "I'm glad nothing severe happened though."

"Yeah, me too. They're being pretty nice comparatively."

"I mean, Ma is being, yes. But Dad's just simply ignoring us."

"That's way better than him making us sleep in different rooms while we bawl our eyes out."

"Oh god, please don't remind me of that time. I was...heartbroken." He whispered the last part of the sentence, now protectively wrapping an arm around Taehyung. 

"It's fine," Taehyung caressed his knuckles. "We're fine now, aren't we?"

Jungkook nodded, "I just hope things don't get worse."

Taehyung sighed, "Me too."

They sat in silence for about five minutes before Taehyung changed the topic of conversation to ease the tension in the air, "You didn't have any meetings today?"

Jungkook snorted, "I don't have meetings ever."

"What do you do in the conference rooms then?"

"Listen to my dad talk to the clients."

"He won't let you speak?" Taehyung frowned.

Jungkook shook his head, "Nah, he thinks I'll fuck up the deal so he just wants me to listen and learn."

"Is it helpful?"

"Not at all. I literally don't even know basic details about this company and he wants me to run it."

"And he hasn't explained anything to you? He's just telling you to listen."

"Yes."

"Well, that's interesting."

"And suspicious. I really don't know what's going on in his head."

Taehyung chuckled and shook his head, "I'm not sure either."