85. Stay

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED HERE?!" Taehyung screamed with all the power he had in his lungs. His breathing was getting erratic, his vision blurred by the curtain of tears over his eyes, his sweaty hand trembled on the door handle and he grabbed at it as if his life depended on it, afraid he might lose balance and fall to the floor. 

The sudden loud voice in contrast to the silent room seemed to stir Jungkook up from his short nap. He rubbed his eyes and stretched his body, oblivious to the horrifying scene Taehyung was witnessing. On the other hand, the older looked everywhere but at Jungkook, naked on a strange bed with another woman in her undergarments. He tried his best to resist his brain from jumping to conclusions and analysing as to what might have happened in this room, but the picture was crystal clear. He didn't have to think to know what might have happened. 

He was also unaware about the fact that Jungkook was only half-naked, since the rest of his body was under the sheets.

Ara had been quiet all along, her face beaming with an expression of what looked like guilt. She kept her lips pursed, and refrained from making eye contact with Taehyung who she knew was staring daggers at her. His face radiated so much hate, Ara was almost convinced she should resent herself too. Taehyung suddenly barging into the room had made her forget that she was half-naked. So, when she realised the fact, she immediately snatched the covers from Jungkook's body and wrapped it around herself. 

The movement and force of air woke Jungkook up even more. He now sat on the bed with his eyes half closed, rubbed his forehead and looked around, as if trying to figure out where he was. His eyes first landed on Taehyung and his lips twisted into an intoxicating smile. He waved his hands like a child and smiled with all his might. He whispered in a low, raspy voice, "Tae, why am I here? And why am I naked?" He asked, looking down at himself with a frown.

Taehyung bit his lip and muttered under his breath, "I should be asking you that question, Jungkook." His jaw was set firm and he clenched his teeth with an angry frown on his face. 

"What?" Jungkook heard the subtle whisper even though he was still in a semi-drugged state. His frown intensified, "What are you saying Tae? Just come cuddle me please, I feel tired."

"YOU WANT ME TO CUDDLE YOU AFTER THIS?!" Taehyung pointed at Ara. His anger that he was trying so hard to keep in check finally burst through.

He slammed the door shut behind him so as to not draw attention or disturb the party downstairs. His face fumed with anger and his fists were clenched tight. He inhaled and exhaled, trying everything to not be furious. In the end, his grief overcame that anger, and he sank down to his knees with his face in his hands and said, "Just tell me what you two did please. Then I'll leave. Just tell me so I can go."

"Tae, you're not going anywhere! And who two-?" Jungkook's voice was a little firmer now, less groggy and more alert. He searched the room to look for who else Taehyung was talking about and then his eyes landed on her and he jumped out of the bed. "You? What the fuck are you doing here?!"

Ara let out a shaky breath and looked away, not wanting to speak to Jungkook.

 "And why-why are you covered?" Jungkook didn't get a reply for that question either. But then, through a tiny gap in between the thick blanket, he saw the answer. 

He sat back on the bed with his head in his hands. His eyes were open wide and so was his mouth. Realisation finally dawned upon him and he frantically wondered whether he had done what he thought he had. He didn't remember anything, the last thing he recalled was talking to his father and his clients.

On the other hand, Taehyung still kneeled on the floor, tears were still oozing out of his eyes. But, unlike the previous grieving expression, he had a confused frown on his face. It looked as if he was thinking, or studying something. His eyes scanned the entire room, assessing the situation. He carefully examined Jungkook and Ara too and after a few seconds, his eyes lit up.