74. Insecure

"Mom?"

"Yes Jungkook, it's me! Where the hell are you son?!"

Contradictory to Mrs. Jeon's exceptionally high pitched, almost shaking and panicky voice, when Jungkook spoke, his tone expressed little to no emotion. As if he was numb, unaffected by everything happening in the States.

"I thought I said I do not want you to contact me." He simply said.

When Mrs. Jeon's voice emerged through the receiver again, it almost sounded like she was crying. She probably was actually, her shaky and fast breaths could only make one guess. But when the couple heard her sniff, they knew she was weeping for sure. 

"J-Jungkook, how could I not? Y-you just left. What happened?"

Jungkook scoffed, "Really? You really think I'm going to fall into your trap again? You think I'm going to believe your stupid lies again? No, that's not happening. "

"S-son, I don't know what y-you're talking about. P-please explain."

"Are you trying to tell me that what happened with Ara was something she did all by herself?"

"A-Ara? What did this sweet girl do?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes, annoyed because he thought his mother was still playing innocent. He had wondered who's phone his mother had used to call him since he had blocked both his parents' numbers. But he soon realized that she had used Ara's device. 

He gritted his teeth as he answered. "Were you or Dad not the ones who told Ara to seduce me? I would've totally believed she did that herself if she would have behaved like that since the very beginning. But she seemed pretty sensible at first. I don't know what got into her that night. The only solution I landed upon was that it had something to do with you guys."

Taehyung gulped as he listened to their conversation. He felt awkward and out of place as he evidently felt Jungkook's hand and torso tensing around him. He had tried lifting Jungkook's arm from his waist a couple of times so he could leave the room and let Jungkook talk to his mother in peace. But both the times, Jungkook had only held tighter. 

Sensing that the conversation was going to get even more intense, he gave it another shot, and tried to unclasp Jungkook's arm from around him. This time, Jungkook spoke, "What are you doing Tae?"

Taehyung looked back in shock, thinking that Mrs. Jeon would've heard him too. But when he looked at the phone he realized Jungkook had muted himself. From the other line, a soft "W-what?" was heard. That's all Mrs. Jeon said and then silence took over, giving Jungkook the time to talk to Taehyung. 

Even though the atmosphere was dramatically tense and everything was happening in a hurry, Taehyung couldn't help but catch how swiftly Jungkook's tone had changed when he talked to him. His voice was almost a growl as he spoke to his mother, but when he asked Taehyung the question, his voice was sweeter than honey. 

Taehyung softly answered, "You should talk to your mother in peace. I shouldn't be here." He attempted getting up again, sensing Jungkook's hold loosen up a little. But almost immediately, Jungkook pulled him back.

"No," He said.

"Stay right here, please."

Taehyung nodded.

Jungkook unmuted himself once he heard his mother speak again.

"A-Ara s-seduced you? What?"

Jungkook sighed, "Mom, I really don't know if you're saying the truth or not. If you really didn't know about it, then I guess it's okay. But if you're still lying, then," Jungkook paused, not knowing how he should frame the next part of the sentence.