94. One and Only

|THE SAME DAY - 5:20 p.m.|

'Isn't he usually done by 5? What's taking him so long?'

Jungkook sat in his car, mindlessly humming to the low-fi music and tapping his finger on the steering wheel along with the beats. He was stationed in front of Taehyung's office/Fashion designing studio and had been waiting for almost forty minutes now. Needless to say, he had reached way too early. 

He sighed and let his head fall back against the headrest. He closed his eyes, recalling the day's events. A lot had happened today. And while a part of him wanted to be angry with himself because he had very conveniently left his song unfinished when it was due for the day after, a much greater part of him knew Taehyung was more important than anything else.

Although he had planned something for Taehyung, he hadn't planned a lot. He would've normally gone all out but, realistically speaking, he just didn't have the time to do anything super big. He just hoped Taehyung would be content enough with just spending time with him. And again, he didn't want the older to think that Jungkook believed materialistic things would make him happy, when in reality, what he probably really craved for was Jungkook's time and attention.

Then, as if right on cue, Jungkook flew his eyes open and turned his head towards the office building to see Taehyung walking out of the door with a huge grin on his face. Jungkook's lips lifted up into a smile, a familiar warm feeling blooming in his heart on looking at the smile he adored the most in the entire world. But then, all those feelings dissolved into nothing when he saw his boyfriend being accompanied by someone else: Daeseong. 

Jungkook couldn't resist it when his jaws involuntarily clenched together. He saw the smile on Daeseong's face and his first instinct was to punch the grin off his face. But then he shook his head and took control of his mind, rather than the opposite. He got out of the car and leaned across the door with a slight smile, waiting for Taehyung to notice him.

It took him a while, but when he did notice Jungkook, his eyes sparkled like never before and his smile impossibly increased in size. He ran towards the younger, completely forgetting about the presence of Daeseong right beside him and crashed into Jungkook's arms, holding him tight.

"Gosh, you're that excited to see me?" Jungkook wrapped his arms around the older, his voice barely above a whisper as he recovered from the impact of Taehyung's strong hug.

"Of course I am. You don't how badly I needed to see you. My day was so shit."

"Really?" Jungkook worriedly asked as he rubbed Taehyung's back in soothing circles. He continued, "But, you were just smiling."

"Fake smiling. Daeseong tried to make me laugh, it didn't work though."

"That smile looked so real, you sure it was fake?" Jungkook chuckled.

"What can I say? Your boyfriend is a born actor. It was a forced one though. Daeseong's kinda sensitive, I didn't wanna make him feel bad."

"Aww, that's cute."

Taehyung laughed and slightly shook his head in Jungkook's neck, "He tried so hard to make me  feel better today. It just didn't work."

Jungkook bit his lip, a guilty giddy feeling erupting in his stomach. He held Taehyung tighter, "What about now? Feel better now?"

"Is that supposed to be a question? Obviously I do. Nothing more comforting than you." 

Jungkook bit his lower lip again, in an attempt to refrain a growing smile. He felt happy, but really guilty at the same time. Who was he to think Taehyung found more comfort and happiness in another guy than in him? He just indirectly got his answer. The fact that he still did make Taehyung incredibly happy. He wished he could just forget about what happened today and the silly thoughts he had been pondering upon. But, he knew he couldn't. Taehyung deserved to know about how he had been feeling.