86. Tense

|THE SAME DAY - 1:00 a.m.|

It had been a couple of hours since Taehyung and Jungkook had reached the hotel. They hadn't taken more than a mere ten minutes to drive back home. Although it was way past bedtime, neither of them found it in themselves to relax and retire for the night. Their minds buzzed with too many questions and confusions.

Even though Taehyung had assured Jungkook that he completely trusted him, and they had shared that intimate moment in the parking lot, things still didn't feel right between them. Something was off. The atmosphere was still tense and awkward. The ride back hadn't been as comfortable as it usually would be. Even now, they sat in different rooms, doing their own thing instead of comforting each other.

Two days after coming to the States, Jungkook had decided to exchange their hotel room for a suite. They knew they would be here for a long time, and a simple room wouldn't be the most comfortable of living standards. So, they opted for a two room suite with a small mini-kitchen.

 As of now, Jungkook sat in their bed room and read his book while Taehyung sat in the living room and listened to music. They sat in different rooms and had barely conversed with each other after the incident, but the truth was that neither of them could truly concentrate at what they were doing. They couldn't think about anything else but what had happened earlier at the hotel. 

Jungkook had been reading that same page for over an hour now, and he was still unaware of what it said. On the other hand, Taehyung could barely register the songs playing in his ears. His brain was somewhere else, floating in an oasis of doubts.

As he sat on his rocking chair, suddenly a more than familiar voice started vocalising in his ear. It was Jungkook's. More than a year ago, when Jungkook had proposed to Taehyung and had sung that lovely song, the older had requested him to record a few of his favourite songs for him. Because he knew that all of them would sound a million times better with Jungkook's voice.

It was now that Taehyung truly felt himself relax to the mellow melody. He closed his eyes and sank back further into the chair. He sighed as he let his lover's voice fill the void of his brain.

As the song came to an end, he realised he should probably go talk to Jungkook. Not being with each other would only worsen their conditions.

He walked to their room and leaned against the doorframe with his hands crossed over his chest. He asked, "How do you feel?"

The sudden sound startled Jungkook. He jerked his head as he looked towards Taehyung, "Huh? I'm-I'm fine."

"I'm asking about how you feel physically. You got drugged, you feel okay?"

"Yeah, I just have a headache." He responded as he massaged his head.

"Did you take medicine?"

Jungkook shook his head, "No."

"I'll get it for you."

As Taehyung stood in the mini kitchen, shuffling through the different strips of medicine he had brought with him from South Korea, he felt a presence behind him, two arms wrapping around his waist and a soft pressure on his shoulder. Then, he heard Jungkook's whisper, "Are you mad at me, Tae?"

"Not at you. At your parents." He sighed and leaned into Jungkook's touch.

"Why is it so awkward between us then?"

Taehyung shrugged, "I saw you half-naked with Ara in a room. I can't just wipe that image from my memory." While he answered, he turned around in Jungkook's arms and pushed the tablet towards the younger's lips.

For Love~ [Taekook Texts]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara