93. Jealous

|5 DAYS LATER - 7th DECEMBER - 10:00 a.m.|

"By when can I expect the song, Jungkook?"

"I need at least till day after, Miyoung. I need to work on refining it."

"Okay, great. That's not too bad. Please make sure I receive it by the 9th."

"You got it."

"Bye then. Take care."

"You too, bye."

Jungkook sighed as he ended his call with Miyoung and resumed looking at his laptop screen which had now almost started feeling torturous. No, he hasn't stopped loving the art of creating music. He never will. The catch is that he's been up since 5 a.m., staring at the same device with only one short break for when he had breakfast with Taehyung.

Other than that, he's been spending most of his days just working and working. Even though he had submitted a song to the company just last week, it wasn't enough. They wanted more. Since Jungkook's songs were doing the best in the industry at the moment, the demand for his songs was high. And so were the expectations of everybody waiting: the producers, the artists and of course, most importantly, the fans. 

Not only that, the pressure on him had also significantly risen, which is why he found himself in front of the screen almost all the time. He needed to make sure his songs were perfect. Nothing less than that.

As he nibbled his nail, wondering how he could make the song even better and polish the few things he didn't like too much, he felt two arms wrap around his neck and a gentle weight on his head. He leaned into Taehyung's touch with a sigh.

"Was it Miyoung on the phone again?" The older questioned.

"Yeah."

"Take it easy, baby. You're stressing too much. It's starting to worry me."

Jungkook tilted his head to meet Taehyung's gaze. He smiled, "I'm fine, Tae. It's just people are expecting a lot from me, and I don't know whether I can deliver."

Taehyung frowned, "You won't be able to with that attitude."

Jungkook hummed, "Hm?"

"You will fuck it up if you think you're gonna fuck it up. And trust me, because I say this from experience. Every time I thought I was gonna mess up a piece while tailoring, I did. Then I had to redo that garment all over again. I know you don't want that with a song." Taehyung chuckled. 

Jungkook smiled and shook his head, "You're right, I don't."

"So, believe in yourself, love. You will do well if you put in your best effort. Which I know you are."

Jungkook grinned, lifting himself up so he could peck Taehyung's lips, "Thanks Tae."

"Shush. You don't have to thank me." He said before kissing Jungkook's forehead. He continued, "Anyways, I'm off to work now. Take care of yourself, okay?"

"I will."

"Okay then, love you!" Taehyung screamed, as he started walking towards the door.

"Love you too!" Jungkook shouted back.

"Don't stress!" Taehyung yelled again.

"I won't!"

Then, Jungkook heard the door close shut.

|1:00 p.m.|

Jungkook sat in his former game room, which he had now temporarily turned into a studio/office for himself. He had been working all day, without taking a single break. But, he decided that he could take one now, since it was time for lunch, and he was pretty content with his progress.